44.

Camari Collins

March 23, 2024Mall~~~

March 23, 2024
Mall
~~~

"That's ugly."

"Is not." My mom disagreed clutching the ugliest handbag I had ever seen. "I'm certainly not taking fashion advice from you little boy. Look at what you're wearing now...oh God where's the daughter I begged for?"

I rolled my eyes, "Little boy is disrespectful. I'm going to the food court, I'm tired of walking around with you."

"That's rude."

"Right." I dragged walking out of the store. The mall was packed as usual, and I didn't wanna be here. It was announced at the family dinner that us Collins will be taking a family vacation in September. That's six months from now and my mom wanted to start shopping for outfits immediately.

I could be at home laid up under my man.

I swung my Forever 21 bag back and forth glancing through the glass of stores. I wasn't in the mood for retail therapy, I honestly just wanted to eat.

"Popeyes or Chinese?" I asked myself entering the crowded food court. It seemed like Popeyes smelled the best so I eased my way into the line. I pulled my phone out scrolling through Instagram as the line moved. After three minutes or so, I was ahead of the line ready to order.

"Hi, can I get the—"

"Three piece, two wings one thigh with fries and a fruit punch."

Foo spoke causing me to stare at him for a moment. I snapped my head back in the direction confirming that was my correct order. Reaching in my pocket, I pulled out the money but before I could even pay Foo interrupted me.

"It's on me." Foo gave the cashier his card and she swiped it.

"Y'all are so cute." The cashier smiled handing Foo back his card.

"Thank you."

I walked off to the side completely ignoring his presence. It was too many people around for me to react the way I wanted to. Let's just say I was far from happy to see this man. What could you possibly want from me after months of no contact?

"Mari, can we talk?" Foo asked causing me to look up from his phone.

"What do we have to talk about?" I questioned irritatedly.

"Us." He leaned against the wall, "I heard you wit' Sha now...that's fucked up. You don't really love that nigga Mari. Well not as much as you love me at least."

"One, there's no 'us' anymore. Two, you're right I love him way more than you. Three, you broke up with me! So don't come crawling back now when I've moved on to someone who makes me even happier." I pushed past him walking to the opposite side of the Popeyes section.

Annoyingly, he followed giving no personal space at all.

"Camari that nigga can't fuck you like I do. You can't sit here and lie like you don't miss me. I been thinking about you for the past few weeks now. I love you ma, nobody match the vibe but you. You for me." Foo grabbed my hand looking me in my eyes.