2.

Shamir Miles

June 4, 2022
Home
~~~

Makenzie
It's a boy.

I left her on read putting the phone down beside me. I took another puff from my blunt and opened the bag of chips sitting beside me. A knock on my door caused me to snap out of it. Camari walked in with a smile on her face causing me to put the blunt down.

"Hey brother." Camari walked into my embrace hugging me tightly. "What's wrong? You going through heartbreak? Marquez said you ain't left the room since last night."

"Heartbreak? I don't know what the fuck that is." I chuckled and she crawled in the bed next to me.

"Did Kenzie tell you?"

"About her having a boy? Yeah." I shrugged.

"I expected a better reaction but ima let it slide since you heartbroken." She joked, "Anyways what even happened? She just left last night or what?"

"She said she was unhappy and shit and she wanted to leave. Then she was talking bout she wanted to make sure that we didn't end on bad terms and wanted us to be friends. I told her I didn't want no ties or contact to her ass at all."

"Why Sha?"

"Because truth is I don't know how to just be friends with her. I let shit for her go way too deep til the point where I thought about her all day feel me? I used to wake up thinking bout her and shit like a damn simp. So us just hanging out as friends won't work because in my mind I'll still be thinking we fuck with each other on another level when it ain't that deep." I explained picking back up my blunt.

"Aw," Mari grabbed my face, "You are heartbroken. I can't believe you even told me what's wrong. Sha are you okay? Like all jokes aside do you need to cry?"

I laughed, "Cry? No, but shit I can't lie and say my feelings ain't hurt just a little bit."

"Come here." Camari hugged me and I hugged her back. I squeezed her a little tight before pulling away sitting the blunt down yet again. Something was off with her.

"What's wrong with you?" I raised my brow, "Why you doing all that when I hug you?"

"No reason." She cleared her throat, "I just been you know thinking—"

"Does it involve me?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well not anymore, but it did. You remember that shit I asked you to do for me? Involving a man and a woman..."

"Take your virginity?" I asked.

"Yeah that, I think I do wanna experience it with a man again. I just been having these strong feelings and I wanna do it you know? I just—"

"Hold up, basically you wanna lose your virginity to me but we can't do that because of the situation and shit."

"Yeah, but you're the only person I trust with my body for some reason. I'm closer to you and I just feel like it'd be easier with you because you'll actually listen to me. I'm just not gonna go there with you because of Kenzie and Quez. But truth is I wanna lose it to you but I wanna also, ya know, do it to somebody else." She played with her fingers.

"Foo?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"How'd you know?"

"Man that nigga been had a crush on you since like forever. Plus the way y'all used to be dancing on each other at parties and shit I mean it's obvious. He a cool dude and shit, I feel like you can trust him if you can trust me."

"I do too."

"Wait, but what about Asia?"

"That's another issue, I think I'm bisexual and she only likes women. I think I like both but she's expressed several times that she doesn't like men at all. It's weird, but hey I can't change the way she thinks." She sighed.