22.

Makenzie Parks

November 24, 20232:13 am

November 24, 2023
2:13 am.
~~~

I ran down the cold street barefoot clutching my phone in my hand. I didn't look back for anything, I just kept running until I couldn't anymore. I wasn't ready to die, and I wasn't gonna sit there and let that man kill me off. I have kids and a full life ahead of me. It was either stay there and look stupid, or run away to safety and I did just that.

I ducked off into some bushes listening at the crickets chirp. I was scared, I didn't know who number to call at this point. I clicked on my safest option before placing the phone to my ear.

"Please pick up." I looked around the area hoping for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Can you please come get me? I'll send my location and tell you everything but right now I'm not safe and I need help please." I begged hearing nothing but silence on the other line.

"I'm coming."

The phone hung up and I sent my location before hiding behind the tree. My heart was pounding out of my chest at this moment. I hated being in scary situation like this. All I know is, if I make it out of this situation alive God, I'll never go back. I put that on my entire existence.
~~~

"So he been beating yo ass?" Deonté asked and I nodded my head laying across his couch. "Why you ain't say nothing? Then you only made things look positive about him on social media. Shit same with him, he only posted shit about you and made it look like y'all were in love."

"A facade." I sniffled sitting up, "It's just the first time he hit me it was because of me. I let it go but he continued a few days later and he even threw Kel off the stairs. And I'm a bad mom because even after that I still took him back Dee. I still allowed my kids around him and last night he tried to kill me."

"You ain't told Sha or Mac? Makenzie you gotta tell them. You know you safe here but I can't hide you forever. The only way you'll stay protected is if you let everyone know what's going on. What you scared of?" He asked and I sniffled looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm scared of the worst you know? I'm scared of any of y'all dying. I don't want nobody dead Dee, even Jeyln. I just wanna walk away from him peacefully and live my life."

"But that's not gonna happen, especially dealing with someone like Boola. You either take this nigga out or he take you out. And you know we ain't finna let him take you." Dee stated and I nodded.

"I just wanna go to sleep. I've been up all night crying my eyes out." I laid down and he grabbed a blanket laying it across me. "Dee, can we tell them together? I can't do it alone."

"I got you," He pecked my forehead, "Go to sleep we will talk about it in the morning."

"Okay." I mumbled softly before falling into a deep sleep.
~~~