8.

Makenzie Parks

June 19, 2023
Park
~~~

"So basically it was fuck you?" Boola asked leaned against the monkey bars.

"Basically, that's what it felt like." I mumbled watching Makel go down the slide. "It's like I know we ain't close enough for him to love me, but at least show me that you care about my well-being since I do have both of his only kids."

"He ain't gotta show you shit, the nigga is a fuckin' weirdo cuh. Wasn't you just beggin' him to be a father a few months ago anyways? He ain't even deserve them fuckin' gifts you brought him truth be told. You put too much thought and effort into that shit when he didn't even do the same for you. He ain't even get you shit fa' Motha's Day Kenzie." Boola  scoffed.

"It's just—"

"Nah fuck allat' stop being nice to niggas bruh. Do you see the way this nigga treats his mama? His homeboys, even his bitch Alexis. That nigga don't give a fuck bout' no one but himself deep down. It ain't an opinion either, that shit a fact. He'on love ole girl like he swear he do cause he fasho woulda never cheated on ha'."

"Boo I get what your saying, but wouldn't you be the same? When you mentioned the homeboys part wouldn't you technically be doing the same? I mean I was Kash girl and now we're kinda...you know?" I kicked the mulch under my feet.

He grinned showing his golds, "Man, if it was a problem wit' me fuckin' witchu' my partna's woulda said something. They woulda said don't fuck wit Kenzie cause that was Kash girl. But it's a lot of thangs you'on know so of course you'll think like that. But we ain't gon speak onnat' cause my nigga gone and it wouldn't make sense to bring up the past now would it?"

"Um yes it would." I stared at him blankly.

"It wouldn't though, it ain't like you can go yell in his face or nun. The nigga dead Kenzie." Boola leaned his head to the side.

I sighed, "Okay."

"Don't be mad." He leaned his weight on me kissing all over my face. I couldn't help but laugh before he pulled away pulling me against him. "We good, that ain't our focus right now."

"What's our focus?" I asked as I held his hands.

"Us."

I blushed before looking past his shoulder. Makel was on the ground and this older kid was standing over him.

"What the fuck?" I let go of Boola running over to Makel. I pulled him up from the mulch dusting his clothes off. I looked over at the child before looking at him crazy, "Go get your mother right now!"

"No!" The kid got smart.

"Go get yo' mammy befo' I smack the fuck out yo' chubby ass right motha' fuckin' now." Boola walked up behind me.

The kid ran off towards the lady on the bench and pulled her arm. They made their way back towards us and she popped her gum looking at me.

"What's the issue?"

"Your son just pushed my baby on the ground. He's a baby and it could've really hurt him. All I want him to do is apologize to my baby because he upset him." I said as Makel clung to me.

"Apologize boy." The lady smacked the kid arm.

"No."

"Yes," Boola face bawled up, "We ain't gonna' play no games witchu' lil nigga. If yo mama said apologize then do it. It ain't no fuckin' back talk nigga."

The lil boy looked a lil spooked, "I-I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted." I said causing Boola to nod his head. The kid ran off and his mother smiled over at Boo.