21.

Makenzie Parks

November 23, 2023Thanksgiving

November 23, 2023
Thanksgiving.
~~~

"So much to learn about, they'll make you wanna shout—"

"BLIPPI!" Makel and I yelled in unison sitting on the floor in the living room area. We clapped our hands before he sat back down on my lap.

"Y'all gon Blippi y'all ass up outta here." Mac laughed walking around the corner holding Makeio.

"Whatever." I grinned, "The food is smelling good."

"Real good." Mac licked his lips.

It was Thanksgiving's day and I was so excited for this. Melissa was cooking along with my Dad and the food was smelling immaculate. I couldn't wait to dig in. I been so happy lately, I know this Thanksgiving is going to be great.

"Makenzie is your boyfriend coming?" Dad asked peeking his head out the kitchen.

"Yes, he should be arriving in a few." I checked my Apple Watch.

"Okay."

Machai looked over at me weirdly before folding his arms across his chest.

"I thought Sha was coming over?"

"He is." I stated causing him to laugh.

"Yo, you tryna ruin dinner?" He asked and I stood up from the floor.

"No, Sha can be civil. Plus, he's not staying long he is gonna have dinner with Quez nem. He just wanted to spend some time with the kids because this is Makeio first Thanksgiving." I said causing Imani to look up from the baby.

"Agreed, every parent needs to be present for their child first anything."

The front door opened and in walked Sha holding a bag of sunflower seeds. His eyes were low as hell and he had a paper bag hanging out his pocket.

"Yo." He spoke and I looked at him.

"You're high as fuck ain't it?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Correct, I'm hungry as fuck too." He looked around, "Man the food ain't done?"

"No nigga, with yo fat ass." Mac spat causing Sha to kiss his teeth.

"I'm not even fat."

"You getting there." I touched his stomach and he waved me off sitting his sunflower seeds down. "Hey Twin."

Makel ignored him continuing to watch Blippi.

"Damn, it's like that?" Sha chuckled, "Aye I brought me a grocery bag. You know so you can fix me like six to go plates."

"Six?" Imani asked looking at him crazily.

"You not staying for dinner?" I asked and he nodded.

"Oh yeah, ima eat six plates here and take six plates home." He rubbed his hands together.