41.

Shamir Miles

March 4, 2024Home

March 4, 2024
Home.
~~~

"Dirty Diana! Now come on!" Camari sang as we followed the dance moves on the game. "Babe you gotta put your energy into it!"

"I'm trying." I laughed fucking up every single last move. I didn't wanna play for real, but Mari insisted so I did it to make her happy. She know I ain't no dancing ass nigga. "Can I give up?"

"Sure."

I left the game watching as she continued hitting every single move. I chuckled to myself walking to the kitchen making sure I had enough snacks and food for my kids. I had called Makenzie and asked could they come spend the week with me since truth be told I haven't seen them. I know in order to make this co parenting work we gotta be 50/50 and right now it's giving 70/30. I mean shit I'm on probation and can't smoke so I might as well have my kids over to keep me company.

"Mari you know how to make bottles right?" I asked as she finished up the dance. She cut the game off before looking up at me and smiling.

"Yeah."

"Bet."

I looked over everything making sure the house was baby proofed. I finally took the time out to make sure I had my whole apartment set up for them. I mean Makeio can't walk or talk or crawl but I know he will eventually. I just wanna actually do this co parenting shit and make life much easier for the both of us.

The doorbell rang and I looked over at Camari. She plopped down on the couch drinking her water and I made my way to the door. I opened it up revealing Makenzie with the kids and invited them in. I could tell by the look on her face she was irritated. I was just hoping she'd not focus on the situation with Mari and think about the kids.

"Wassam." I gave Kenzie dap, "So what's up with the therapist? You found us one yet?"

"Yeah."

She handed me the kids bags after setting Makeio car seat down. Makel had already ran over to Mari who was now holding him.

"So what's up?"

"I emailed him and I'm waiting for a response. If I hear anything else I'll let you know." She avoided eye contact before turning to walk out the door. I made my way outside as well stopping her before she could get down the steps.

"Kenzie...I know you upset with me—"

"No." She lifted her finger up, "It's your personal life and I shouldn't interfere. I just ask that you call me before they go to sleep at night. Thank you, bye."

She continued her way down the steps and I nodded to myself. I walked back into the apartment and picked the baby up out his car seat.

"Wassam twin."
~~~

"We all fall down!" Camari and I sang falling back on the ground with Makel. We all laughed and I got my big ass off the damn ground. I'm too fucking old to be aching from moving two muscles. I need to hit the gym and get back into shape.