20.

Makenzie Parks

November 20, 2023Deonté Apartment~~~

November 20, 2023
Deonté Apartment
~~~

"We're the first to arrive per usual."

I laughed as Machai and I walked into the house holding liquor bottles. Dee decided to host a game night and said we could bring a plus one if we wanted to. If they didn't have any beef with Boola, I woulda for sure let him tag along. But since they are beefing, I left him right at his apartment. I just wanted to have a fun night and I could feel it in my soul that today was gonna be a great day.

"Where's Imani?" Dee asked and she literally bursted through the door holding pizza boxes.

"Hi, I'm here." Imani smiled speaking.

" Imani smiled speaking

"Hey, I'm Deonté. It's nice to finally meet you. Glad you could make it to game night." He introduced himself.

"Thanks."

"Who all coming?" I asked sitting the bottles down before sitting at the island chair.

"I invited Marquez, Sha, Mari, Tyra you know the usual."

"Uh oh." Imani said causing me to laugh.

"I know what's going on with everyone, but we're adults right. We can get along and I wanted all of you to be here with me." Dee said causing me to nod.

"I'm cool with being cordial." I said before there was a knock at the door.

Tyra walked in holding a tray of sandwiches before smiling. I waved at her and she spoke to everyone before putting the food away in the kitchen. I opened my arms pulling her into a hug and she looked at me before laughing.

"Had a baby where? I'm confused." She hyped me up and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You so crazy."

"Bitch for real you look good!" She exaggerated.

"Thanks bestie." I cackled.

The front door beeped and in walked Camari, Sha, Quez and some girl I've never seen before. Camari spoke to everyone looking around the room. Tyra side eyed me before patting her head.