15.

Makenzie Parks

November 1, 2023
Jeyln House.
~~~

"Make it quick."

I pushed past Boola walking into his house. I sat my purse down on the table before crossing my leg over. I rubbed my stomach watching as he walked over to sit down beside me.

"You mad at a nigga?"

I looked at him like he was stupid, "Well nah, I mean you threw my baby from the stairs, beat the hell out of me and locked me outside in the freezing cold to get attacked by your dogs. Then you slashed all four of my tires and sat on the porch and looked at me with a smirk. But no, I could never be mad at you sweetheart."

"Don't be sarcastic, and let's tell da' truth. Every time a nigga put his hands on you, is because you hit me first. You started trippin' onna' nigga outta' nowhere gang. Man a nigga was kissing yo ass and rubbing yo feet every night faithfully but I'm da' bad guy when I get outta character. I ain't Kash ma' I run shit real different round here." He leaned back and I squinted my eyes.

"Yeah of course you was taking care of me and allat' but you fucked up when you messed with my damn baby. He ain't have shit to do our drama, and for you to physically harm him I swear—"

"And I wanna apologize fo' dat' cause you right. Ian' have to bother him, but I wanted you' out and a nigga wasn't thinking straight. When I get mad a nigga just see red and I'll do anything to hurt you if I feel like you hurt me." He sat up grabbing my hands.

I stared at him, "Hm...I wanna forgive you but, I don't know. And how'd I hurt you? What did I do?"

"Man going through a nigga phone, beating on me and shit man you had me stressed. Ion' know if it was the pregnancy or what. But everyday it was sum' shit and you know it. Throwing shit at me, threatening to kill a nigga when I woun' doing shit but taking care of you and Kel."

"I apologize for putting my hands on you, I never wanted to do that. It's I'm used to Kash cheating—"

"I ain't Kash, and cheating ain't an option in my book feel me? Nah, we gon communicate and work out our shit like adults. We too grown fa' this lil kid shit ma, we just gotta get our shit together." Jeyln spoke clearly and I batted my lashes.

"So this whole thing is just a misunderstanding? You won't hit me again...right?" I asked and he sat up nodding his head.

"Yeen gon' hit me is it? Matter of fact, if ween' fucking or cuddlin' don't even touch each other if it's dat' serious ma." Jeyln leaned back staring at me.

"But I want you to touch me now." I bit my lip and he leaned up pecking my lips twice. "Damn, that's all I get? It's been what a week?"

He nodded, "But I'm mad at you, cause what's this whole situation wit' you and Sha girl? So what you gone do? Start back fucking this lame ass nigga when he get out?"

"No, I was just tryna get under her skin. I only want you fucking me...I promise." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and stood up. "Let's go upstairs."

I held my hand out for him to grab it and he did. I squeezed it a bit before leading him upstairs to the spare room. Pulling him inside, I dropped to my knees in front of him.

"I love you baby."
~~~

Alexis Tran