Chapter 34- She Knows.

How many times does one person have to wake up, in the darkness of an unknown room, half and/or fully naked, having been in bed with a random person, with almost no memory of the events that lead them there, before it starts to become a problematic pattern?

If it's more than twice, then I was still in the clear, for now.

What luck I had.

For the second time in too recent an interval, I regained consciousness, my body drained and heavy- and I had no idea where the hell I was. Everything was just black, so I couldn't really be sure- but I was definitely in a bed. That part I felt pretty confident on, though it took my sluggish brain a little bit to reach even that basic of a conclusion.

My head hurt.

I shifted around in the bed, stretching out and pushing the covers off of me as my limbs begrudgingly listened to my commands. I felt hot... why did that feel so familiar? I pulled myself up into a sitting position, shaking the heavy blankets the rest of the way off of me. I was alone in the bed, so that was a good sign, but I still had no idea how I had gotten here- or where exactly I even was. I tried to think back on what I could remember, but my mind wasn't wanting to cooperate with me- all mental functionality was on strike right now, which made it hard to do much of anything.

I was cold, now.

No more blankets, that was right. Those keep you warm. I had already forgotten that I had removed them, the comfy pieces of fabric having fallen off the edge of the bed. Why was my brain working so slowly? It felt just like... it was so familiar to me, but why?

I shivered, grasping onto my shoulders-they were cold to the touch. Was I sick? This felt like sickness. Maybe I should just go back to sleep, that sounded nice. But now the blankets were so far away, impossibly far.

I was so tired. And confused. And cold.

And then it was like someone had flipped a switch inside of me- one that turned on a comically large fan inside of my brain, the fog beginning to disperse as it's motor roared to life. Things started to clear up, my brain waking up, now being paid it's fair wages as it returned to work. I could finally start to think again, to properly take in my surrounding, and asses my situation.

I was in a large bed, in some bedroom- that was right, I was at Faith's house, for the Halloween party. But how did I end up taking a nap here? I know I didn't drink, that was for sure, and I was very careful about what I ingested while I was here, to avoid another Pool Party from happening.

Side note, but I also didn't have clothes on- those also usually help keep you warm, so that explained that.

To my semi-relief, my underwear was still covering my body, seeming to be undisturbed, so that was a potential silver lining. I tried to remember why I had made my way into this room- from my surroundings, I could tell it wasn't Faith's bedroom, so there was that too. I remembered dancing, the hay ride, that stupid maze. I played video games with that one boy- ugh, what was his name- then that costume contest, that was right. Dawn had... wait Dawn, why was she important... I was talking to her, wasn't I? Was that the last thing I remembered? I tried to think further than that, but everything was just fuzzy- almost blank. It felt too close to what happened with Paige, my heart anxiously going into overtime as I remembered more and more of what was going on. It was getting hard to breath, my throat felt dry and closed up- did it really happen again?

Why did it get quiet all of a sudden?

Wait, why was it loud before? Was it loud? There was an ambience that was missing, all of a sudden... water, there was running water. Why was there running water?