Chapter 24- Here we go Again... Again

The room was quiet for a moment, save for the passing by of a nearby, wall-mounted, analog clock, and the mixed bundle of humanly sounds that accompany one undergoing intense emotional torrent. A few more moments passed, with little change, as one might begin to ponder whether the sounds of sniffling, ragged quick breathing, a displaced gasp or two, and and a consistent ticking noise were all part of an odd aesthetic that helped one to concentrate and think. Within the context of this scenario here, one would be inclined to think the same specifically, at the very least, of one Elise Furfuro, as she took this serene opportunity to perform the most time-consuming task of thinking- rationalizing and organizing her thoughts to broach a very sensitive topic sat atop the peak of a steep, rocky mountain, with an unstable rope bridge allowing her access. Within the last couple minutes or so, Elise was in the process of fully taking in her situation and the ever increasing danger certain paths, or breaks in the metaphysical rope bridge, could send her tumbling down. One the one hand, she was certain of a very solid fact- she had strong feelings of some level for this girl sat crying in front of her. At the very least solely on an attractive scale, because who the hell wouldn't be- this girl could turn a happily married woman gay without even trying- but despite the fact that this recent detour of a thought had the nurse longingly taking in the curves of the distressed girl, Elise knew there was more to what she felt for her. Sure, the urge to kiss the girl and tease along the outline of those magnificent breasts through her shirt was very powerful, and of course the inviting temptation to rip that same confining shirt right off of her and lay her eyes and hands all over every last inch of what's underneath was very hard to resist, and obviously the unbearable need to spend hours in this room fucking this angel's brains out over and over again was a minor thing dominating a lot of her mental capacity when she thought about the girl. But below the desire to become familiar with every aspect of Chelsea's body, Elise knew there was a growing care and form of love for her beyond the mere sexual attraction that intoxicated her feelings beyond belief.

One the other hand, Elise knew that Chelsea was not in a good place. Furthering things with her, in any capacity, no matter how much she herself wanted it, was not what she needed right now. Elise knew it would only complicate things for Chelsea, and that true part of her that cared for that girl wouldn't allow her to do anything less than what was best for her. While she may not have understood the exact details of everything in her life, Elise knew this wasn't what she needed- at least not now. What Chelsea needed was clarity and guidance, free to pursue whatever she desires as she desires it with a clear conscious and sound mind. She could only hope to be there for her while she got there.

On her third mutant hand, she was a twenty-two year old nurse at the school she attends, and though their maturity and age wasn't the absolute most abhorrent thing in the world, it would most likely only create issues the further things went. And so, within just a few brief moments that allowed her to process and think through all of these complicated feelings and logistics, much faster than one could dictate or read each individual thought for themselves, Elise had come to the only conclusion her heart would allow her to.

"So," Elise spoke. glancing across the vast journey ahead of her as the rickety bridge lost a few bearings and slowly began to freeze over, yet ready to traverse it all the same, "This is about that girl, right? The one who brought you here and whom you chased after? Faith, was it?"

"Yeah." I flatly confirmed, wiping my mostly dry nose while very attractively sucking in through it.

"Were- or are- you two... together?" She inquires, her voice a bit hesitant as if carefully auditing each and every word before allowing them to escape her lips.

"No, not exactly. We weren't really..." I drift off, searching for how to properly convey our convoluted relationship. "We kinda had a thing? Between us. Least it seemed that way. Nothing official or anything but... an unspoken sorta spark or connection. Sometimes spoken a bit too." I explained with a weak laugh, a soft smile barely adjourning my face. "Well, I don't wanna assume anything on her end- I don't really know how she feels. I hardly can grasp what I feel most the time."