195

Madison started panicking. “We got rid of all the computer equipment back then. The computers we’re using now are all new, so there’s no way you can check on that.”

They had replaced all of their computers with new ones for security reasons after they failed to find out who had stolen the company’s information back then.

“How could a young kid know anything about something as complicated as computer programs?” Madison mocked in a low voice while quietly clenching her fists. I recall that at the time, not even the director of the technical department could figure out what had happened.

Sebastian turned to her and replied solemnly, “You don’t know this, but Mr. Lucas just helped the company resolve a crisis. Also, I didn’t get rid of all the computers back then. I’ve been keeping one at home. I hoped we might one day meet an expert who could help us find the mastermind, but I never expected the expert would turn out to be Mr. Lucas!”

At that time. I remember feeling as though getting rid of the computers was equivalent to destroying evidence. Hence, I asked to take one back and hid it at home.

Madison was shocked as she had always thought the computers had been destroyed. It had never occurred to her that he might have taken one back with him, and she could not help cursing inwardly, Damn it! Why did he have to keep something that shouldn’t still exist?

“That’s good. I’ll definitely help you find out who did it. Lucas promised while patting his chest.

Nathaniel patted the boy’s head. “Wait here for a while. Once I’ve finished up some work, I’ll take you to get something to eat.”

“Okay!” Lucas blinked playfully, his dark eyes shining as brilliantly as though they hid thousands of stars in their depths.

As Nathaniel went to do his work, Lucas wandered the corridors out of boredom. Daddy’s office is so big that I could play soccer here. The next time I come, I should bring a soccer ball to kick around.

When Madison saw him walking about alone, she could not help thinking how much his appearance took after Nathaniel, especially his eyes. His calm gaze had a maturity that went beyond his years. However, his delicate chin resembled Christina’s, and the more Madison looked at it, the more intense her hatred became.

She walked over and said, “Mr. Lucas, you shouldn’t be wandering about like this.”

Raising his head, Lucas looked at her with a hint of contempt. “This is my daddy’s company. I can go wherever I want.”

“It’s not like you’re his only son. You saw that I was holding the hand of a little boy the other day, didn’t you?” she asked while narrowing her eyes, her gaze sinister.

Lucas was momentarily taken aback. I remember that rude little boy, of course.

Madison moved closer and continued frostily, “He’s also your daddy’s son, so don’t be so cocky. If you don’t behave yourself, your daddy will abandon you.”

“You’re lying!”

Children are not as good at controlling their emotions as adults. Lucas glared at her and shouted hotly,

“He said there are only three precious people in his life-me, Camila, and Mommy! It doesn’t include that little boy you’re talking about!”

Seeing him angry filled Madison with glee. “Well, your daddy lied to you. If you don’t believe me, you can go home and ask your mother.”

As he recalled how Christina had seemed evasive while answering his question the previous day, his confidence wavered.

“You’re a bad person. I don’t believe you!” Fuming, he pushed her aside and ran into the office.