190

Christina looked up coldly. “If you want me to cut off all contact with him, I can do it. But can you do the same and cut off contact with all women? You can’t talk to your female clients too!”

She also wanted Nathaniel to experience how suffocating it felt to be in such a controlling relationship.

Due to the nature of her work, she had to collaborate with male models, but Nathaniel was never pleased about it.

Even talking to male designers would piss him off.

Nevertheless, she had never expressed anger over such matters.

Nathaniel’s eyes widened in shock, and his expression grew cold.

How do I possibly fulfill such a condition?

He had made an effort to avoid having any women in his life, but it was unavoidable. Nevertheless, all of the interactions were routine and devoid of any emotion.

“Christina, please don’t be unreasonable.” Nathaniel’s voice turned cold.

Christina took in a sharp breath and frowned. She questioned, “You find this unreasonable? Then, why didn’t you find it unreasonable when you enforced this on me in the past?”

In an instant, silence befell them.

Nathaniel lifted his hand, trying to touch Christina, but she avoided it.

His outstretched hand froze in mid-air before he retracted it and left the room.

Before he left, he instructed to have more bodyguards guarding Scenic Garden Manor.

The next day, Christina noticed many unfamiliar faces in Scenic Garden Manor.

Previously, she could still see the entrance unguarded during shift changes, but now there were always people stationed there.

Leaving through the front door directly seemed impossible now.

Francis called her to tell her that he had made the arrangements.

He was going to get her out first before helping her go abroad.

“Christina, I have already taken a break from work. I’ll leave with you,” Francis said solemnly.

Christina felt a mix of emotions when she thought about being able to leave this place soon.

She paused momentarily before saying, “Scenic Garden Manor is filled with bodyguards now. It will be difficult for me to leave, especially since Nathaniel has refused any visitors from coming.”

When Julja heard of the news a few days ago, she called Christina, telling the latter she wanted to come

and see her.

However, she was stopped by Nathaniel at the entrance. She could only go back home in the end.

1/4

Francis thought about it for a while and replied, “Then, you have to find a way to leave so I can pick you up. If all else fails, I will force my way in. I’ll make sure you leave that place.” He sounded as if he was going to charge into the manor now,

Christina didn’t approve of his approach. “Forcing your way in is too dangerous and unrealistic. It will be harder for me to escape if he is alerted. Just wait for my message.”

After that, she ended the call.

She sat on the swing and leaned her head against the rope. The swing swayed slowly as she felt the evening breeze. She no longer felt any attachment toward anything in the vast mansion.