164

Chapter 164 Proof

Once again, everyone was dumbfounded.

Even Felicia was standing on Christina’s side.

Christina was extremely touched. At the very least, no one in the Hadley family would believe that she would do something like that.

Since everyone had so much trust in her, she must not let them down.

“I have proof that Elizabeth fell after failing to push me over and I jumped into the water to save her.”

What? She has proof?

Elizabeth felt confused when she heard that, though that feeling was eclipsed by that of nervous guilt.

Christina instructed Sam to bring her phone over. She had deliberately left her valuable items aside before jumping into the water so her phone would not be damaged.

She unlocked her phone, scrolled through her photo album, and clicked on a video.

In the video, Christina was taking a selfie. Her beautiful face and watery eyes looked extremely pretty on the screen.

She had gone to the bridge to take pictures of herself. At that moment, a series of footsteps sounded. In the video, Christina’s eyes narrowed, and she dodged subconsciously.

Even though the camera was shaky, it clearly captured how Elizabeth suddenly emerged to push Christina.

After Christina evaded her, Elizabeth fell into the water.

There was nothing that Elizabeth could say in the face of solid evidence.

When those from the Bennett family saw the video, their expressions turned grim.

Previously, they kept demanding an apology. All they could feel now was acute embarrassment. Elizabeth’s face turned pale from fear. She shot a pleading look at Madison, asking her for help.

Madison stood at the side with her back straight, her fingernails digging into her palms as she clenched her fist. She was so angry that her body trembled.

Nathaniel actually defended Christina in front of everyone. His actions proved that his feelings toward Christina had transcended mere affection. Instead, he loved her deeply.

She was so jealous and unhappy that she could not utter a single word.

When Madison noticed Elizabeth’s gaze, she stared back at Elizabeth coldly before walking away.

Elizabeth was fuming. Even though Madison was the one who instructed her to do all that, the former left without taking any responsibility now that something bad had happened.

However, even though Elizabeth was displeased and wanted to expose Madison, the latter had blackmail material on her. Hence, she did not dare to act recklessly.

Christina noticed all the interactions between Madison and Elizabeth from the moment they exchanged a look with each other.

She had a feeling that things were not that simple.

Why did Madison bring me to the bridge? Why did Elizabeth appear the moment she left to take a call? Why didn’t Madison appear after Elizabeth and I fell into the water for so long?

Felicia stared at Carl coldly. “Now that everything’s clear, you’ve accused my dear Christina. Who’s supposed to apologize now?”

The atmosphere in the living room was charged with hostility, as if a battle was going to break out at any

moment.

Even though Felicia was old, she was still extremely intimidating when she had to take action.