40

Chapter 40 Make My Heart Race

Both of them unexpectedly landed in each other’s arms.

A tinge of redness swiftly tainted Christina’s cheeks, and her porcelain skin only served to accentuate the rosiness. The overlapping of both colors made her cheek look as gorgeous as a pink apple.

Without a second thought, Nathaniel went in for the kiss and tasted the faint sweetness in her mouth. She makes my heart race without even doing anything! Before this, I thought I was only attracted to her because

body didn’t react the way it would when I was with other women. Now, however, I know that I’ve fallen madly in love with this woman. My mind is filled with the different expressions she wears on her face when she’s acting serious, when she talks, and when she’s in my arms. All those scenes are deeply engraved in my soul, affecting every cell in my body. In fact, my blood burns with passion whenever I see her.

“We’re in the office.” Christina frowned slightly and gave him a light nudge before gazing at the glass door behind him.

It was so dark outside that she felt as though they were isolated from the world.

“Don’t worry. I’m blocking you.”

With that, Nathaniel kissed her again.

Not only was he a lot taller than Christina, but he was also very muscular. Therefore, he had not problem blocking her completely from view.

Christina could feel her face heating up, and she was losing her rationality as she kissed him back.

They moved from the side of the table to the floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

Christina was eventually pinned against the window. While her back was facing the city lights, the man that made her heart thump wildly within her chest was right before her eyes.

The scene was so breathtakingly beautiful and mesmerizing that one could easily get lost in it.

The next day, Christina was done drafting the design of the suit by the time she reached the company.

She busied herself making the suit in the tailoring room for the next two weeks. Normally, the designer would have to personally tailor the outfit for the first time based on the design. Hence, Christina made sure to be very careful. This is my first show in Radiant Corporation, I shouldn’t mess it up.

Nathaniel had likewise been busy as well. However, she wasn’t concerned with what he was busy with. He would occasionally bring supper to the office for her before bringing her home.

Although they were both so busy that they wouldn’t even get to see each other for a few days in a row at times. Christina liked the way things were between them. It would be so tiring if we had to be with each other every single day. I think it’s good that we both have our own careers and our own dreams to achieve. Furthermore, the show is happening next week. I still have to prepare the accessories, so I will have my hands full.

A day before the show, Gina went to check on Christina’s progress. She has managed to get everything done on her own within such a short period of time. She’s rather efficient, it seems,

“You have to be there early to get ready tomorrow afternoon. Make sure to arrange your time. properly,” Gina reminded.

“Yes, Ms. Tanner.”

After chatting for a short while. Christina continued selecting her accessories for the show. She only got off work that night after getting everything done and ready.

Early the next morning, Christina arrived at the venue. It was an exhibition hall belonging to the Hadley family.

Radiant Corporation’s retail store was located on the first floor of the venue. Since there was a show that day, quite a few consumers were seen shopping in the store earlier than usual.

A while later, the seats below the stage were slowly occupied, and it was filled up within half an hour.

At that moment, the scene backstage was hectic. Xandra was sitting in a separate dressing room and was very uncooperative since the beginning. In fact, she was deliberately making things difficult for the designer.

When the makeup artist went outside for a glass of water and a breather, she couldn’t help but complain to her assistant. “You ought to stay sharp later. Otherwise, Ms. Sullivan will try to find fault with us.”

The assistant pouted and grumbled, “You were merely praising her skin out of courtesy, but she really thought her skin was flawless. The fact is that it was so hard to apply makeup on her face! If it weren’t for your excellent skills, there would be no saving her face!”

The makeup artist shook her head helplessly in response. “She’s in very bad shape today. No matter how pretty the dress is, it still can’t conceal her weariness.

“When I was out with my friends at the bar last night. I saw Xandra. She and her group of friends had a wild night, and they only left when the bar closed in the morning. How could she possibly do well today?”

When those two ladies were whispering, Christina showed up. She then greeted them with a nod before entering the dressing room.

Xandra’s expression turned grim when she saw Christina in the dressing room, and she merely shot Christina a glance and kept mum.

Right then, an employee from the Public Relations Department entered the room with the event itinerary in her hands. With a polite tone, the employee asked Xandra. “Are you ready, Ms. Sullivan? We need to rehearse and familiarize ourselves with the scene.”

Normally, fashion show models were required to familiarize themselves with the scene in order to prevent mistakes from happening.

In response, however, Xandra let out a cold snort and mocked, “Are the people from Public Relations Department stupid or something? Why are you asking me to check out the scene personally? Are you looking down upon me?” It seemed like Xandra was directing her hatred for Christina at the employee from Public Relations Department.

In Xandra’s defense, experienced models weren’t required to do so. However, the employee was merely carrying out an order given by her superiors.

Upon getting scolded for no reason, the employee was so terrified that words cluded her.

Xandra wasn’t bothered when she saw how startled the employee was. After all, that wasn’t her first time reprimanding others in public. Not only was she used to seeing others looking dejected after getting scolded, but she also enjoyed it.

Xandra then picked up her comb and nonchalantly combed her curly hair. “I only agreed to attend this pathetic event for Mr. Sacchetti’s sake.”

With that. Xandra turned toward Christina and mocked, “With such a cheap-looking design, I’ll look like I’m wearing rags. After the event, I think I have to tell Mr. Sacchetti to get rid of some designers with horrible taste.”

As soon as those words fell. a long and awkward silence ensued.

A number of colleagues at the scene looked at Christina silently. Even a fool could tell that Xandra was obviously mocking Christina.

The white light showered on Christina, forming a slender shadow. At the same time, her gaze had turned cold, and she couldn’t wait to disassociate herself from “the designer with horrible taste” that Xandra was talking about.

Three seconds later, Christina raised her sharp gaze and uttered. “Since you don’t like the dress, Ms. Sullivan, please take it off.”

The look in Christina’s eyes was so cold that the atmosphere in the room suddenly became chilly.

Besides, the way she was speaking so calmly proved that she was serious about what she said.

Upon hearing those words, everyone in the room gasped. Has Christina gone mad? How could she ask Xandra, a superstar, to take off the dress designed by her? Even if the dress doesn’t look good, Christina could stili make a name for herself if her design has been donned by a superstar!