182

Christina folded her arms and gazed at Nathaniel resentfully in the car on the way back. “How did you locate me at the hotel?” I clearly remember I didn’t tell him about this. Did he arrange for someone to keep an eye on me secretly?

Nathaniel came clean, not intending to hide anything. “I have your best interest at heart. What if you run into trouble again like before?”

His response rendered her speechless for a moment.

When he reached out his slender fingers to touch her face, she instinctively dodged, causing him to miss.

She blinked her eyes at him in displeasure and grievance. “Still, you shouldn’t have done that. You could’ve called me. I don’t feel comfortable being monitored like that.” Who would like to be watched all the time? It feels like I have no freedom at all.

Nathaniel lowered his eyes, meeting her clear, sparkling eyes. His heart softened instantly when he saw her innocent expression resembling a helpless little animal being bullied.

“I know you don’t like it. I’ll tell them to stop following you.”

“Really?” Her eyes shone.

“Yes. Can you not stay mad at me now?” Nathaniel raised his hand again to cup her face while speaking gently.

Christina didn’t avoid him this time, allowing his fingers to brush across her cheeks. She could feel him gripping her jaw and tenderly lifting her head.

He kissed her passionately, arousing her desire within a second.

The spacious car suddenly felt cramped as he leaned closer. The next second, their breaths became entangled.

A faint fragrance permeated the air inside the car.

The next day, Christina got up early to buy breakfast and visited her mentor.

Laurel upheld a rather discipline lifestyle, getting up early to do yoga. When she saw Christina, she smirked at the latter. “Your jealous husband is finally allowing you to leave the house

“Ms. Shaw, don’t mind him. He’s just a little overly cautious of my safety,” Christina grinned sheepishly.

She

put

down the breakfast and continued to pack the luggage she hadn’t finished sorting the night before.

“I won’t mind it. I’m happy for you because he must really like you for being so concerned about you,” Laurel said leisurely with a facial mask on. “By the way, have you been following the news?”

“I watch news related to the industry every morning.” Christina answered honestly.

She paid close attention to the fashion industry’s trends, Perhaps that was something every designer would do.

“Margaret has been in the limelight recently, even holding a solo exhibition overseas. I heard that for my upcoming exhibition, the organizers invited her to be my model.” Laurel snorted. “Does she think she deserves to wear the clothes 1 design?”

Mockery filled her words. Discomfort surged within her whenever she was reminded of that matter.

“The happenings we can observe in the fashion industry are only the overt side of things. The covert dealings are unknown to us, and we can’t influence them either. Isn’t this what you taught me, Ms. Shaw?” Christina shrugged.

She had to admit Margaret had been making headlines lately. When she viewed the fashion industry- related news daily, she would see Margaret on the front page almost every day, whether it was news of her attending banquets, holding various exhibitions, or collaborating with some celebrities.