106

Chapter 106 Best Dress

+15 Bonus

Christina woke up early in the morning, which was why she successfully finalized all the dresses before the afternoon.

Upon hearing that her long-awaited dresses had been completed, Julia beamed, which was rare. Together with Helen, they admired Christina’s handiwork.

Initially, when Julia picked three designs from five options, she did it to test Ada’s skills.

After seeing the three magnificent dresses, she regretted not asking Ada to make all five of them.

As sunlight landed on all three slim-fit dresses, they appeared flawless, whether in terms of their color coordination or exquisite craftsmanship.

The vividness of the jasmine was an excellent finishing touch.

“Wow. This is the best-looking dress I’ve ever seen, Mrs. Hadley. I think it’ll look great on you.” Helen was excited, like a child staring at a rare toy.

4

14

1

A satisfied grin settled on Julia’s often-composed countenance while she stared at the dresses like they

were treasures.

Even though Julia didn’t verbally express her liking for the dresses, Christina could still tell the former was pleased with them.

Closing her eyes, Helen stood next to the dresses and sniffed. Curiously, she asked. “Why does the dress smell like jasmine, Ms. Ada?” The cloth themselves don’t have any smell, and I doubt Ms. Ada sprayed some perfume on them since the fragrance doesn’t last long. The aroma is sweet and oddly refreshing.

Julia also found the fragrance refreshing.

“It’s thanks to the jasmines Mrs. Hadley asked the housekeeper to deliver me every day. Even though. they’ve wilted, they’re still capable of emitting a pleasint scent after I soaked them in warm water. After bathing the threads in that water, I added some special material into the mix, imbuing them with the aroma of jasmine. Then, I applied those threads to the dress. That’s why the dress has that smell.” explained Christina.

Upon listening to her explanation, Helen and Julia were thoroughly impressed by Ada’s talent.

“Now that I’ve handed these dresses to you, my task is completed. Hannah will take care of the rest.” As Christina spoke, she packed up her tools, preparing to leave.

Julia’s impression of the mysterious, masked woman improved after she spent some time with the latter. Swiftly, she shot a meaningful look at Helen.

Helen immediately understood her employer’s intention and proposed, “There’ll be a night banquet next week, Ms. Ada. If you have the time, feel free to participate with Mrs. Hadley. Ordinary folks aren’t allowed to join, as most attendants are prominent figures. However, your status will differ if you attend it with Mrs. Hadley. I bet plenty of socialites will be interested in wearing your dresses when the

time comes.”

In other words, she was saying Christina should accept Julia’s offer to widen her horizons.

Upon hearing that, Christina rejected the offer with a troubled look. “Actually, my schedule for these

two years is pretty full, so I won’t be accepting any new jobs for a while. Thank you for the offer, Mrs. Hadley.”

After she swiftly packed her things, she nodded at Julia and left.

Helen didn’t expect Christina to reject the proposal that straightforwardly.

Meanwhile, Julia didn’t mind, possibly because she had already gotten used to Christina’s indifference and because she was satisfied with the dresses.

Once Christina stepped out of the Hadley residence, she saw the driver waiting for her at the side of the entrance.

She entered the vehicle and returned to Scenic Garden Manor.

Upon entering the living room, she saw Raymond approaching her with a smile. “You’re back, Mrs. Hadley. I’ll ask the kitchen to prepare more dishes.” Mr. Hadley typically doesn’t eat a lot, so the dishes are usually only prepared for one person. However, if Mrs. Hadley is around, the table will be filled with food.

Christina grinned forcefully. Why does it sound like he’s saying I got a huge appetite?

When Raymond noticed the slight awkwardness on her face, he knew she had misunderstood him. Speedily, he explained, “It’s because Mr. Hadley’s appetite will improve if you join him for a meal.”

The edges of her lips curved upward with embarrassment. “I’ll head upstairs first.”

Once she reached the second floor, she tiptoed toward the study. The door was already opened. Just as she tried to sneak inside, she was surprised when someone exited the room.

“What the heck?” Widening her eyes, she dodged backward reflexively. She was stunned for two seconds before she realized who was standing before her.

Sebastian was wearing formal attire and giant bags under his eyes. He looked horrendously pale, like a refugee who hadn’t eaten anything for a week.

“What happened to you, Sebastian?” asked Christina,

Sebastian stared at Christina as if looking at his savior from a pit of despair. With a hoarse voice, he explained, “Mr. Hadley didn’t sleep or rest for three days. I had to help him organize the documents.”

Three days without rest? Did he stop sleeping since the nigh I returned to the Hadley residence? Even machines can’t withstand this level of physical exertion. If Sebastian works any longer, he’ll probably turn into a skeleton. Swiftly, Christina suggested, “You should return home to rest.”

With a folder still in his hand, Sebastian spoke hesitantly. “But I still haven’t…

“You have my permission to continue handling the rest of the documents tomorrow.”

Upon hearing that, he nodded enthusiastically as if he had just received the best news all year. “Then I’ll be heading out now. I’ll leave the rest to you.”

Then he scampered away.

Christina promptly entered the study. Even though the heater was turned on, the room still felt chilly.

A tall figure was sitting on the scarlet office chair. The sunlight landed on his body, outlining his subdued yet elegant vibe.

Nathaniel’s eyes were half-opened as he scanned the document on his desk. The armband he was wearing displayed just how muscular his right biceps were.

Upon hearing someone stepping into the room, he lifted his starry eyes.

“I heard you didn’t sleep for three days. Don’t you feel tired?” Christina approached his desk, pressed her elbows on the surface, cupped her chin with her hands, and gazed at him with shock and curiosity.

The edges of her lips curved upward mischievously and energetically. A tender look swirled in her apricot eyes.

When Nathaniel shifted his sight from the boring document to her fair, pretty face, he felt his tired. eyes relaxing.

Emotions swelled in his calm heart as he stared at her. “Come over here.”

“Okay.” Christina strode to the back of his desk. Before she could stand still, she was pulled into his embrace.

“Am I disturbing your work?” she asked, shrinking her neck. I shouldn’t have allowed Sebastian to leave without first asking him about the situation. What if he has something important he needs Sebastian to take care of?

Wordlessly, Nathaniel aimed his cold gaze at her, inadvertently spooking her.

Panicked, she stated, “How about I leave so you can focus-

Before she could finish her sentence, he kissed her passionately. His scorching, overwhelming vibe dominated her breathing.