63

Chapter 63

Christina was stunned.

Has the situation gotten that serious?

News on the internet spread so quickly that when a crowd gathered, they were definitely there to criticize her.

She calmed herself down and then dialed Nathaniel’s number.

“Christina, how are you?” Nathaniel saw the news that morning too.

Christina gripped her phone tightly, her calm eyes revealing no emotions. “The situation is really bad. The netizens have swarmed the set, and I can’t go to work.”

“I’ve already sent a car to pick you up,” Nathaniel said, clearly worried.

“All right.”

After leaving the hotel, Christina went straight to Scenic Garden Manor.

Inside the study, the lawyer was analyzing the approach to handle this matter while examining the documents.

Upon examination, it was evident that the video had been edited, and it was also possible to clearly identify which part of it had been changed.

However, that might not be enough to persuade the public.

Even if Xandra’s video was fake, netizens might not necessarily buy it.

However, if there were original footage, it would be different, as it could clearly depict the truth of the event and be more persuasive.

Christina frowned slightly. “It must have been when Xandra and I were confronting each other that someone took a sneaky video. But I don’t know who took it. Was it her assistant or someone from the film crew?”

At that time, all she had in her mind was Patty, and she didn’t even notice that someone was secretly taking videos of her.

“Firstly, issue a warning through Christina’s social media account, and then follow the standard procedure,” Nathaniel instructed.

After agreeing to that, Sebastian and the lawyer walked out together.

After watching the edited video, Christina was lost in thought. She reckoned Xandra must have gone back to the scene and shot another identical video before she edited it all together.

Or had Xandra planned everything from the beginning, luring me into a corner and then deliberately provoking me with her words?

No wonder she’s an A–list actress; she’s really calculative.

“That was a rather nice slap.” Nathaniel saw her being so angry for the first time and thought she should have hit Xandra even harder.

Christina shut off her computer, and only after watching the video did she realize how angry she was at that

moment.

“I just feel sorry for Patty, as it got innocently involved because of me. Furthermore, you’re also being dragged into this crazy love triangle.”

Nathaniel gently pulled her into his embrace, softly comforting her like soothing a frightened little creature.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you.”

Christina leaned against his chest, humming an acknowledgment softly.

Worried that Evelyn might be affected, she didn’t dare to go home rashly.

She only managed to give Evelyn a call and told the latter not to go out for the time being.

In the evening, Christina was reading a book in the master bedroom. As long as she didn’t look at the news online, she wouldn’t be affected.