55

Chapter 55 Nonsense,

Julia’s brows furrowed slightly. “Xandra would never hurt anyone. I bet Christina was the one who fed you all that nonsense!”

The Xandra she knew was an elegant and dazzling young lady who would never resort to such vulgar

acts.

Nathaniel calmly took out his phone and played a video clip.

Christina recognized the man in the footage right away. He’s the guy who threw the rock at me downstairs

at work!

In the video, the man verbally admitted that Xandra’s assistant had instructed him to stir up trouble.

Moreover, the people who had joined him were a team of actors. There was also someone in charge of taking pictures of the incident and uploading them online.

Christina had been wondering how people could’ve come over to cause a scene so soon after the ordeal.

So, Xandra was behind it!

As the truth was laid bare in front of her. Julia could no longer deny Xandra’s involvement.

Nathaniel’s eyes remained frigid. “If we weren’t acquainted, I would’ve handed this over to the police by now. Instead, I’m only terminating her contracts as a warning.”

He was already being merciful by handling the situation this way,

With that, Julia left with a scowl on her face. This was Christina’s first time seeing her look so grumpy.

“Are you mad that I didn’t hand the video over to the police?” Nathaniel asked after only the two of them remained in the living room.

“Not at all. With this footage in your hands, you can even threaten her not to mess with me, so I’d say you’re a smart one.”

Nathaniel placed a hand on her head and pulled her into a gentle embrace. “You’re really smart too.” The woman had such a baby face that he would subconsciously treat her like a child at times,

After dinner, Nathaniel walked her to the front door. “I really don’t want you to go,” he said while pulling on her hand gently.

“I have to go to work tomorrow, so I shouldn’t head back too late,” Christina reminded with curved lips. For the first time, she actually felt reluctant to leave.

Scenic Garden Manor used to be like a birdcage that restricted her freedom

Yet, she now had a newfound impression of the place-all because of one person.

Not forcing her to stay, Nathaniel kissed her on her forehead and opened the car door to let her in. “I still have work to do. Text me when you arrive home safely.”

The woman nodded, and the car drove off after she closed the door.

She headed to work as usual the next day.

Right after a morning meeting, Gina announced Christina’s new position as small team leader.

It usually took at least two years for an ordinary designer to be promoted to small team leader. Yet, Christina had broken the promotion record twice, and her colleagues admired her for that.

Everyone used to think she had made her way up by relying on her connections, but her past two solo designs had garnered so much attention that they sold out immediately.

With this achievement being proof of her abilities, no one dared talk behind her back. Instead, everybody now tried to butter her up.

anymore.