191

Not long after the fire alarm went off, they heard a series of footsteps outside the room.

Startled, Christina immediately put on her clothes.

Just as she stood up, Nathaniel draped his suit over her thin shoulders.

“Wear it.”

Having extra clothing for protection was a good thing under such circumstances.

Christina was slightly moved. She was extremely reluctant to accept his kind act. However, thinking that someone was still waiting for her at home, she still took it.

When she was done wearing it, Nathaniel pulled her with him and went toward the door.

Those in the rooms had no idea what was going on. As soon as they opened the door, they ran out and headed toward the staircase in a fit of panic.

The corridor was packed with people. Nathaniel held Christina in his arms and followed the crowd to the backstairs.

Noises were everywhere. Someone anxiously increased their pace and cut the line, pushing away those at the side. Christina tripped and fell from Nathaniel’s embrace.

Somebody caught hold of Christina and pulled her into the crowd.

Before Nathaniel could take a clear look, the figure had gone away.

“Walk quickly! Don’t block the way!” urged the people behind him.

“Do you think you’re admiring the scenery here? Faster! We are running for our lives!”

Nathaniel tried his best to push the crowd away, but Christina was nowhere to be seen.

It seemed like she had vanished into the thin air.

“Christina, Christina!” His deep voice was unpleasantly piercing.

The people around only wanted to flee for their lives. They couldn’t be bothered about him.

Nathaniel took out his phone and called Sebastian. “Check the surveillance cameras. T want to know where Christina went!”

Earlier, Yosef had taken advantage of the chaotic situation and brought Christina to the room. That was why she managed to get away from the corridor in a hurry.

“Mommy!” Two adorable voices came through from the wardrobe.

“Mommy, why didn’t you come back yesterday?” The children’s cute and innocent faces were full of

worry.

“We’ve been waiting for you obediently in the room.”

Furrowing her brows, Christina held the two kids in her arms. Her heart was still thumping loudly.

Four years ago, she didn’t go for an abortion. Instead, she used her own savings to raise the children.

In order to avoid Nathaniel, she had been staying overseas and dared not return to the country.

This time, she had deliberately come back for the show. She thought of leaving with her children right after she was done with it. However, Nathaniel still found her.

“A fire has broken out! We need to get out immediately!”

Christina wanted to carry the children up to leave, but Yosef stopped her. “Christina, calm down. There’s no fire. I did that to save you from Nathaniel.”

Christina’s phone had a GPS tracker. It would be easier to find out where she was if her children wanted to look for her.

“Let’s wait until the crowd outside disperses before we leave.” Yosef already had a plan in mind.