181

Christina reached out to circle Nathaniel’s neck, flashing him a charming smile.

Then, agile as a bunny, she hopped onto him, her legs wrapped around his waist as she burrowed her head into his chest. She snuggled up against him, inhaling his faint sandalwood scent, and cooed with a languid sweetness. “I don’t care. You have to carry me.”

Her soft, mellow voice curled around Nathaniel’s senses, eliciting a tender smile. He bent down, leaving a fond kiss on her forehead.

Christina raised her head and pressed a kiss on his jaw, her nose gently brushing against his stubble. Her warm breath stirred him, and his gaze darkened in response. Like a wild animal escaping its cage, Nathaniel could no longer contain himself and silenced her breath with a passionate kiss.

Their mingling scents filled the room as their reflected shadows on the carpet intertwined with each other.

The following day, Nathaniel called in their family doctor to check on Christina’s wounds. He had only agreed for her to return to work when the doctor confirmed that she had completely healed.

Their workplaces were quite close, and Nathaniel dropped her off at her studio before heading to Hadley Corporation.

When Christina pushed open the door, she was greeted by the sight of Rayne tidying up the place. The latter turned around at the sound and a glint flickered in her eyes. “Ms. Steele, are your wounds healed? How can you be back at work so soon?”

Rayne had heard about Christina’s injury from Sebastian, but they hadn’t let Rayne visit Christina at the hospital, so she returned to Jadeborough first.

“I’m all right. There’s an order that still needs to be completed. Can’t afford to waste time,” Christina said.

She glanced at the clock, relieved that she had previously ordered a batch of high–quality fabric. One whole wall of her tailor room was covered in various fabrics.

“I’m going to work. Unless it’s something important, please don’t disturb me,” Christina added.

“Of course, Ms. Steele.”

Rayne took out her phone and snapped a few pictures of Christina before uploading them online with a catchy caption.

Christina’s studio was gradually gaining some recognition, at least within the industry.

She also had quite a number of followers on social media platforms, and each picture of hers would garner at least tens of thousands of likes.

Meanwhile, Christina was engrossed in picking out fabrics and began sewing after she had made her choices. As she worked, she pushed all other thoughts to the back of her mind.

By the time Bailey arrived, it was nearly lunch time.

Rayne had never seen Bailey before and greeted her enthusiastically, assuming that she was a customer seeking to customize a gown with Christina. “Miss, are you here to have our boss design a dress? She’s

quite talented and just won a championship recently,” Rayne praised with a gleam in her eyes.

Bailey was impressed by the excellent service and said, “I’m Christina’s good friend. Don’t me. Just help me put away the things I’ve brought.”

worry about

“Apologies for my forthright manners. I should have asked first.” Rayne blushed, realizing that she had been too busy talking to even check who Bailey was.

“It’s all right. Go about your work,” Bailey said with a smile.

Following that, the door opened again. It was the delivery of some custom–made art pieces.