chapter 177

“Mr. Hadley, it’s been a while. Let’s have a drink first.”

Aldrich had collaborated with the Hadley family previously. Their meeting this round was because their contract had expired.

For the five years that the two had collaborated, they had a considerably fruitful collaboration since their profits had been increasing.

The Anderson family was in the business of dried fruit exportation and subsequently expanded to exporting various goods. They mainly relied on the Hadley family’s ships for their exportations.

Nathaniel lifted his wine glass and took a sip. His unfathomable eyes darkened.

Not bothering with superfluous words, he went straight to the main point. “I heard you wanted to extend the contract date, Mr. Anderson. I want a zero–point–five percent increase in profit.”

Even though a zero–point–five percent increment sounded little, it would be a difference of tens of millions for large–scale projects.

Hugging a woman with his right hand and holding onto a wine glass with his left, Aldrich laughed. “That’s not a big issue. We have been working for so long. I know you’re a fair man, Mr. Hadley.”

The Anderson family still had to depend on Hadley Corporation to earn money, so naturally, he did not want their relationship to turn sour.

Moreover, the increment was considered reasonable.

Aldrich nudged the woman in his embrace. “Are you not going over to thank Mr. Hadley?”

The woman stood up. She had a tall and slender figure and a pretty face. Her makeup was so thick she looked like a saucy vamp as she walked toward Nathaniel.

Aldrich had especially brought her along to offer her to Nathaniel.

She did not know Nathaniel was so handsome prior to seeing him. One glance was enough to make her heart thump wildly.

Before she could get anywhere near Nathaniel, she was stopped by Sebastian. “Mr. Hadley isn’t interested. Please step back.”

Mr. Hadley can’t touch other women. He’ll be in danger. Besides, this woman isn’t Mr. Hadley’s type at all.

That woman’s expression changed slightly. I haven’t even done anything. How does he know he won’t like it? I’m such a perfect woman. Any man would fall for me!

Nathaniel’s handsome face gradually turned grim. Even though he remained silent, his gloomy expression was equivalent to a tacit rejection.

To butter up to Nathaniel and forge a good relationship, Aldrich basically gave up a woman and offered her to the former. Little did he imagine that the former was not pleased with it.

Nonetheless, Aldrich did not appear awkward. After all, he had met many men who would find excuses to reject him the first time.

11/8

That’s merely all on the surface. Which man in this world isn’t into good looks?

“Mr. Hadley, Ms. Taylor isn’t like any other woman. Perhaps you’ll know once you give it a try. There’s not need to reject my offer. We’re all men; we understand.”

Many liked offering women to build relationships in the business circle because that was the fastest way to forge a connection. It gave off the vibe that they would be in the same boat since they sinned together.

That way, no matter what collaboration it was, all negotiations would be smooth sailing.

Nathaniel abruptly rose to his feet. “I’ll get my assistant to send the contract over tomorrow. As for that woman, I’ll leave her to you, Mr. Anderson.”