Chapter 40

Luca and I are the only two sober people in the room.

After a whole load of explaining to the family, everyone is now on board with what's happening.

Vienna cried and wouldn't let go of me.

"I'm so sorry Florence. Please forgive me, we are the worst family in the world. If I'd known I would've stormed every place to find you. I'm so sorry."

I had to convince everyone it wasn't their fault, that I didn't know either.

Cole tried to hug me over a hundred times but Aaron looked like mumma bear about to attack. The only person he doesn't mind touching me is little Luca who is currently sat on my lap stroking my belly.

"How are they inside of you?" Luca asks.

I'm stone cold sober and can't be having this conversation right now.

"Women and men can make babies together, for now that's all you need to know little Luca." I stroke his head.

"So I can make babies!" He smiles at me.

"NO!" I shout. "Uh... not now. When you're older."

"Do you think I would make a good dad Flo?" He whispers looking down at my belly.

I grab his face and make him look at me. "Why would you think you wouldn't be little man?"

"Well my father didn't want me, they let the bad men take me and lock me away. What if that makes me a bad dad?"

The look on his face breaks my heart. Before I can tell him how wonderful he is Aaron sits down wrapping his arms around me, I can smell the whisky on his breath. "Luca, you don't have to worry about that yet. You got a childhood to live and boxing matches to win, Cole has been telling me about how good you are in the ring. I want to start getting you into matches and meet ups if you're willing."

"I would really like that crazy man." Luca smiles at him.

"As for being a dad, look at me. My father trained me to be a weapon from your age. He taught me to torture, to kill, and to lead, I'm pretty fucked up but finding the right person can make you un-messed up in some way. Florence is the light in my life that I follow, I use it to become a better man. I will be the father my father never was."

Tears stream down my face as I look at the man I'm so deeply in love with.

"Come over here champ!" Cole calls out to Luca getting him off of my lap.

He leaves and it's just Aaron and I left. "You mean all of that?" I ask.

"Always princess. When I feel the darkness creeping up ready to consume me I look for you and it all disappears. You're like a drug for me, I'm addicted and I'll never get enough. You're everything I'll ever need and want, you're what my heart desires." He kisses me softly, sliding me into his lap.

"You're just saying this because you're drunk." I rest my head on his chest.

"I'm saying this because I love you."

I freeze feeling the butterflies kick around my stomach. "Well damn you beat me to it." I giggle in his lap.

"I love you Aaron Russo. I love you with all my heart can, I swear I'll never stop loving you. I will be the light you need me to be as the rock you are to me, we are made for each other. I promise to be there through everything, we will make the empire thrive and we will bring our children up the right way."

He lifts my head and looks at me, I can see the love in his eyes and my heart swells. How did I get so lucky with this man. 

he starts to smirk as he lifts me off of the sofa. "What are you doing!" I squeal trying to get down.