Chapter 14

"Jesus Florence! Stop going for me the session is over." Cole shouts dodging my Jab.

It's been a week since I saw Aaron shoot Jacob for helping me upstairs, since then he hasn't been home. Cole said he has business to deal with before the ball which is in two days so to keep myself busy Cole has been training me.

He taught me how to throw a punch, there is no power behind it since I only have little arms, but I started using weights to try gain strength. For now, I went with the alterative solution of repeatedly jabbing in the same area at every given chance to make it hurt, with Cole I went for his ribs.

"Sorry I went overboard, thanks for the session" I step away from him out of breath.

"Go change, Vienna will be picking you up in an hour to go dress shopping for the ball" He murmurs grabbing his phone from the side starting to text someone.

I'm too exhausted to answer instead I nod and walk out up to my room. For the past week I haven't slept properly, every time I shut my eyes, I see Jacob on the floor bleeding.

The day after he was shot, I made sure to see if he was okay. His arm was in a sling, but he insisted he was fine and just needed to rest. For now, I have a replacement guard who is Cole.

He is so much stricter than Jacob was and shouts at me for anything.
Last night I went to get snacks and he shouted at me for being out my room when he told me to go to bed, I know Cole is looking out for me, but he also is a dick.

When I get upstairs, I make sure to lock my door since Cole has a bad habit of not knocking. He always walks in and doesn't apologise for disturbing.
It takes me the full hour the get ready, I can hear Cole banging on my door telling me Vienna is downstairs, so I quickly rush around find my shoes and go to unlock the door.

I went for my comfy blue mom jeans and a high neck jumper paired with my black Ugg's; I knew we would be trying dress after dress on. before I can even step out of the door Cole is grabbing me to walk down the hall.

"I won't be going with you since Aaron is back today and Vienna has her guards around, but if anything happens call me." He says pushing me towards the stairs.

"Okay thank you Cole" I give him a smile while making my way down.

Aaron is back today.

This past week hasn't been great, but it's been tolerable since he's not around. I don't know what him coming back will be like or if I will be able to look at him after he shot a man for helping me.

"Ahhh girl are you ready for the shopping trip of your life! We have alllll day to shop until we find the perfect outfits!" Vienna shouts from the bottom on the stairs jumping up and down.

She looks perfect in her black mini dress paired with a trench coat and heels; I am so under dressed but I don't care as long as I am comfy especially since it feels like 0 degrees outside.

Cole grabs me before we leave and slips a black card into my hand "oh, boss told me to give you this, use it to pay for everything you buy today. He said that there's no limit so run wild"

I look at the card and smile, oh he's so going to regret that.

                                           ***

"What about this one?" Vienna calls from outside the changing room.

I poke my head out of the curtain to get a view of the hundredth dress she has tried on. We've already been here for four hours, and Vienna looked stunning in every single dress but said they weren't enough.

I gasp when I see her spinning round in a black silk dress. hanging effortlessly along her body, it has one sleeve and is tight around her bust and waist. I knew she had an amazing body, but this shows her off in the most elegant way. The dress falls loosely around her legs and is encrusted with diamonds all along the bottom. She looks breath taking.

"This is the one." I can't say anymore, I am left speechless.

She squeals and spins around again. "Okay your turn, come out and show me"

I had only peeked my head out of the changing room so she couldn't see what I was wearing. I have been to events before where I have had to wear ballgowns, but I have never worn a piece like I have on now. It is a sage satin dress that is fitted around the waist by diamonds, it looks like a crown.

The dress hugs me tightly making my boobs look ten times bigger but flows out after the diamonds giving the illusion of an hourglass figure. The trail is covered in diamonds and is paired with a diamond necklace.

 I step out of the changing rooms and Vienna stops spinning round in circles

I step out of the changing rooms and Vienna stops spinning round in circles. Her mouth is open, but no words are coming out, I've silenced the girl who doesn't stop talking.

"Is it bad? Does is not compliment my figure? Do you hate it?" I ask to try get any reaction out of her, but she just stands there stunned.

After a solid minute of her staring, she finally breaks the silence and screams "This is the one!" she claps getting the employees attention "we want this one and do not allow another girl to buy this dress or any dress like this"

The employee nods and scurries off, she will probably have to get her manager to verify Vienna's request, but at least I know she likes it.

"Oh, Florence baby this dress was made for you. You are beautiful. No more trying dresses this is the one" she wafts me back into the changing room before going back into hers.

I close the door and look at my reflection one last time before taking the dress off, for the first time in a very long time I feel beautiful, like a princess. Snapping out of my trance, I throw my clothes back on and meet Vienna at the till to pay.

"that'll be fifty thousand dollars sweetie and one hundred thousand if you want the necklace" the employee at the desk smiles at me.

I think I'm going to throw up or pass out. fifty thousand dollars for a dress, I was going to be evil and buy a two thousand dollar dress on his card but there's no way I can buy a fifty-thousand-dollar dress or necklace on his card it's too much.

Vienna must notice my face lose its colour as she grabs my arm and pulls me to the side "Florence, you were given Aarons black card for a reason darling, you can't go to the ball looking like a normal girl you have to go like a fucking queen. And that man wouldn't even notice if you stole five million from him let alone one hundred thousand dollars."

I look at her in shock but make a mental note about the five million. "Okay but I'm only getting the dress not the necklace. Fifty thousand isn't worth a necklace." I might be a spoilt brat and get my way with my father but even he wouldn't spend that much on a dress or necklace.

Vienna rolls her eyes but agrees as we walk back over, she can see I'm not giving in. I already am conjuring up my apology to Aaron for spending fifty thousand on his card, it makes me feel nauseas even talking about it.

Once we pay Vienna's driver loads our bags into the car whilst we get in. Vienna grabs two glasses and pops open a bottle of champagne filling our glasses to the brim.

"Here's to two bad bitches who are going to look the best at the ball" Vienna holds her glass up.

And to that we cheers, two bad bitches going to the ball.