Chapter 34

The room is silent as we wait for the video to load, I can feel eyes lingering on me as everyone shifts around in their chairs.

It's fucking irritating and I'm already losing my patience with how long this video is taking to load.

Before I completely snap the dark cell pops up onto the screen. Florence strides over into the chair placing one leg over the other. she's radiating with confidence, you wouldn't think he was the one holding her captive.

"Good morning Juan. Or is it evening? You never really know around here."

Juan ignores her remark and walks into the frame along with the same two guards. "Five days are up, it's question time." He rubs his hands together.

"I sure hope she can think on her feet." Matteo says running his hands through his hair for the hundredth time.

He no longer is in the wheel chair taking it easy, instead he's here everyday and hasn't been home yet.

"She'll be fine." Cole's answer is snappy, he is almost at his breaking point.

"I'm so happy with you Florence. The information you gave us checked out, I now feel a sense of trust in you my good girl." Juan carries on.

I see a flash of surprises in her eyes before it's quickly masked with disgust.

"He'll never be able to say them words again when I rip his tongue from his mouth and feed it to him." I try my hardest not to stand up and smash the room to pieces.

"Take is down a notch." My uncle grumbles at me.

If it was anyone else I'd take out my gun and shoot them between the eyes for talking to me like that, but I get what he means we've only just started the video we still have to get through it all.

"Well you know I heard the call, he does not care for me, why should I help him. His empire deserves to fall and yours should flourish."

I heard the call

My ears start ringing, I can't hear anything. I can't see anything, my chest hurts. It's as if someone is handing on my chest not allowing any air in.

She heard what I said.
She heard what I called her.
She heard everything.

"You need to snap out of it!" Cole is shaking my shoulder. I look at him and realise his hands gripping mine which is latched onto my gun holster.

"FUCK!" I roar not knowing how this can get any worse.

"It will be okay Aaron, when we get her back she will understand none of it was true that you had to say it in order to keep her safe. Hell she might already know the rest of the conversation was slamming you but she left clues in the last video. Don't jump to conclusions." Vienna speaks sternly.

Don't jump to conclusions asshole

Fuck off brain.

"Question of the day." Juan continues. "Where does Mr Russo keep important things, say documents he doesn't want anyone to get his hands on, information to all his assets. You get what I mean."

"Under your bed in a box." Cole snorts.

"Shut the fuck up she wouldn't know that!" I let rip at him.

"Really Aaron?" Damien looks at me confused.

"Under your fucking bed!" Benny shouts.

"Well you wouldn't think to look there would you! Not for someone like me... it's smart." I try to defend myself but everyone roles their eyes at me.
Dicks.