Chapter 21

It's been five minutes since Florence and Cole 'snuck out' of the exit.

Florence made sure to give Andrei, the leader of the Romanians a wink before she left. To anyone who didn't know the plan it looked like they were going out to fuck, even though that isn't the case the thought of anyone else thinking that makes my blood boil.

Four of my men are standing over near Andrei and his men waiting for me to 'order' them to go find the pair, they know the plan and know what to say.

I must admit Florence's plan is clever. It makes it easier her being there since no one would bat an eyelid at two people hooking up, but I don't like the part where she doesn't leave and go back home to safety where she'll be out of harms way. I trust Cole and I'm relying on his judgment but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Another five minutes pass and it's go time. I make sure to speak loud enough for Andrei to hear the conversation.
"Where is Cole?"

"He went out into the hall with the girl sir."

"Who said they could leave the room? Go find them now! Take your men with you. The sooner they're back in the room the better."

He nods and they all walk out of the room leaving me with an amused Andrei staring at me.

"Useless second in command?" He snickers

"Something like that, can't keep away from pussy" I fake laugh, Florence is anything but pussy but I can't let him know that.

"Ahh I see why he done it, I spoke to that one. She's a firecracker." The look in his eye makes me want to kill him now, lust. He is picturing himself fucking my girl.

No one pictures fucking my girl and gets to live the tale. But his time will come, in all of about five minutes.

The plan is for me to make a speech while Cole executes the plan getting Vienna. In that time I'll expose what Andrei's has done to Vienna and his plans to kill me, then I'll kill him on the spot to which other mafias will respond in killing all his men.

No one likes a traitor at the ball, it's bad manors.

Win win situation for me.

"If you'll excuse me Andrei it's time for me to make a speech"

He laughs and slaps me on the back "make it a good one I'm sick of the boring speeches"

"Oh trust me, this one won't be boring."

I wait till I hear Cole shout "NOW!" Through the earpiece before I make my move, everything has to be timed perfectly.

walking up on stage my plan is to grab everyone's attention. It works pretty quickly since I have never once made a speech in all my time of attending these events.

"Evening ladies and gentlemen. I hope you're all having a wonderful evening and I am ever so sorry I'm about to dampen it." whispers fill the room around me.

Everyone silences as I begin to speak again. "It appears we have a traitor in this room. As we all know well the gala is made for us to come together peacefully and strengthen our allies, it's built with the aim to bring peace amongst us all."

Dull sounds of gunshots go off in the back, the plan is in full action.

I take another second before speaking so everyone feels the tension. "Unfortunately tonight, the Romanians lead by Andrei had plans of breaking this peace. They have kidnapped an innocent woman in my mafia where they've taken her into a back room and beat her senseless."

Everyone is now turned to face Andrei, Vienna might not be innocent but she's still a woman and they've made her defenceless, something that is NOT allowed in my empire.