Chapter 28

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"

I jolt awake by the loud crashing noises of my door swinging open. Kade bolts onto the bed licking my face and hair while Aaron isn't far behind him with his phone in one hand and cake in the other.

"Is she awake?"
"What does she look like?"
"Turn us around so we can see!"

I am too disoriented and tired for this, I don't have a clue what is going on right now.

It isn't until Aaron flips the phone into my hand and I am faced with bright smiles from Vienna, Jess and Cole all on group facetime. That's when it hits me, it's my birthday.

I groan and slump back down into the bed, Kade snuggles into my arm and falls asleep. He's only a puppy and this was enough excitement to tire him out.

"Happy birthday Flo!" Jessica calls from the phone.

I grumble a response tucking myself back into bed, have I mentioned it is too early for this.

"Come on boring blow out your candles" Cole calls out, he's sat next to Jess in what looks to be a cramped dorm room filled with pillows and blankets.

"Watch who you call boring." Aaron growls from the side. He's still holding the birthday cake that has 19 candles. "Make a wish princess."

I groan a second or third time and sit up. Mentally I wish for a peaceful sleep that lasts all morning and blow out the candles.

"WOOOOO" everyone screams from the phone.

I can't help but groan again, I'm not trying to be negative but honestly I just want to sleep through today to get it over and done with.

"You're nineteen now Flo how do you feel?" Vienna giggles jumping up and down in her little square on the screen.

"Tired."

"Okay guys you gotta watch her blow out the candles as you forced me to, now let Florence wake up fully in peace. I will call you all back when she's ready." Aaron takes the phone from my hand.

"Okay just make sure t-" Jess is cut off by Aaron pressing the end button.

He slides the cake onto my side table and chucks his phone next to it. For the first time this morning I properly look at him, he is stood in a tight black t-shirt and joggers. His muscles strain against his top, they look like they could rip his top at any point.

I jolt out of thought as he slides under the covers next to me, pulling both Kade and I towards him. Kade groans slightly as Aaron adjusts him to squish between us but I don't argue.

"Good morning princess." He peppers my forehead with kisses.

"Mhm morning." I reply with my eyes closed snuggling into his chest.

"Happy birthday." He says as he shakes something next to my head.

I peek one eye open to see a velvet box being dangled in front of me. I can't help but let out another groan "don't tell me you bought another ring, I told you I won't take this one off." I push my hand towards him to shine my big arse diamond ring in his face.

Everyone I've seen since wearing this ring have said 'congratulations miss, you'll make a beautiful bride and an amazing addition into the Russo family.'
To which I have to tell them it's a promise ring and we are not getting married. I swear he done it on purpose to make people believe we are and to stake his claim.

He grabs my hand and grazes his lips against my knuckles, warmth spreads between my thighs remembering the feeling of them same lips against my clit.

"It's not another ring I promise, just open the box." He puts the box into the hand he was holding.