Chapter 22

I wake up in the same dim room for the third night in a row. Aaron hasn't let me leave the hospital bed since I've was shot.

I don't remember much about what happened or anything after the incident took place. Adrian said the morphine and other pain medication can cause a foggy head. Everyone is on eggshells around me waiting for me to break because well...

I killed a man.

What scares me is it doesn't bother me like it probably should, but I know it was either he kills me then Vienna or I kill him. I don't regret my decision so there's nothing for me to be upset about. However it doesn't take away the weird feeling of being able to say,

I killed a man.

I look at the digital clock and it's 3:33am. Every time I've needed a pee or try to get out the bed Aaron has forced me to get in a wheel chair or tried to carry me, he hasn't left my bedside since it all happened.

He is asleep on the sofa next to my bed, which means I can finally go pee alone in peace for the first time in three days.

Trying to wriggle out of the bedsheets I was wrapped up tightly in, I manage to sit up. Pain shoots in my stomach where my stitches lie, Adrian said to take it easy as it will be painful for a while. What he meant by that was minimal exercise and plenty of rest, Aaron took that as bed rest until the stitches are gone and the wounds fully healed.

I grab the IV pole since I still have needles jabbed into me and slide off of the bed. I wobble for a few seconds before I manage to stop looking like happy feet and stand still. I haven't stood alone since I was shot and damn it hurts like a bitch.

My body is weak from laying in bed and not moving around, Aaron is going to have to compromise the bed rest and allow me to walk round for a while everyday. 

Turning around to face him one last time to make sure he's definitely asleep I begin walking to my first freedom pee. Thank god he's asleep of he'd probably kill me right now.

I manage to make it to the bathroom door when I hear scrambling behind me, fuck.

Aaron shoots up sliding his gun from the back of his trousers aiming it directly at my head. My heart stops, everything goes blurry and all I can see is the Romanian man holding me up against the wall. I can feel the tingling sensation through my body, no air is getting into my lungs I can't breathe, I can't move I can't do anything.

"Princess!" Aaron's voice brings me back from the panic attack I must've been having.

He was now standing over me with both hands on my waist keeping me steady, there's no sign of his gun.

"Fuck I'm so sorry princess, I thought you were someone coming in." He sighs moving one hand onto my face.

He looks sympathetic until he looks at me, then at the toilet, then at the empty bed and then back to me. His look turns sinister.

"What the hell are you doing out of bed on your own"

I can see he's angry but I also don't care I need to pee and I now have clammy hands that I need to wash.

"I was shot Aaron I didn't have my limbs cut off, I can get out of the bed if I want to."

"But Adrian said-"

I cut him off before he can give me another lecture of why I need to stay in bed. "Arian said take it easy not make me a prisoner to the bed, besides I really need to pee so if you'll excuse me I'd like to pee alone."

He grunts with frustration "fine you can pee alone but I'm going to be right outside and you're going to let me help you back to bed."

"Deal" I smile slamming the door in his face.