Chapter - 48

Ahana Stokes

Ahana Stokes.

She's all I can think about.

She's all I want to think about.

And I promised her not to hurt her anymore, to not be the reason behind anymore of her tears.

So, I move for my father's study with the determination to do right by her.

With a knock on the door to alert him of my arrival, I enter without waiting for his permission. I have no time to waste. I need to wrap it up here and go back to my girlfriend's side, where I belong.

My father, looks up from the papers scattered on his table. "What do you want?"

"Out.", I get straight to the point.

"Out of what?", he questions with furrowed eyebrows, removing the glasses perched on his nose and keeping them on the table as he reclines back on his chair.

"Out of the deal you made with the Atlantis Corporation."

His expression turns annoyed at my words. "You know that is not possible. The deal has already been signed and taking back the words now would only humiliate us, Gabriel."

"You. It would humiliate you. Because I never agreed to this merger. I never agreed to any of this but you keep doing whatever you want.", I express my frustration.

"That doesn't matter anymore. The deal's signed and you will do exactly as decided. And don't worry, it's a few more years before you have to follow through with it.", he speaks, as if that changes shit.

"What if I don't?", I try.

"If you know what is good for that little girlfriend of yours, you will do exactly as I say.", he threatens.

"Keep her out of this.", I grit through my teeth. His words make me furious, making me curl my hands into fists as I try to keep myself under control. But his words also remind me that he can do a lot more at this point than I could. And so, I have to agree to his bullshit of a deal to protect her as the warning is clear in his words. I have to play smart and wait for the opportune time to hit back.

Done with him, I stalk out of the room, not wanting to see him even for a second more than absolutely needed.

*****

I am lying on my bed, listening to the shuffled playlist as I am only able to think about yesterday night with her.

It was surreal and phenomenal and too fucking good to be true.

I can't even begin to explain this overwhelming feeling. The moment I was inside of her, all I felt was her warmth. And honest to God, I never wanted to leave. She fit me like she was tailor-made for me.

The sinful noises she made were a melody composed only for my ears. And fuck did I want to hear it again. The way she lost herself in us made me fucking lose my sanity.