Chapter - 34

I am on my bed, doing my homework, when I lay my head back on the backrest and close my eyes with a sigh

I am on my bed, doing my homework, when I lay my head back on the backrest and close my eyes with a sigh. I twirl and flip the pen between my fingers as my books lay between my outstretched legs.

"What is it?", Kylie questions from where she is sitting on the floor.

"Nothing.", I say with a weary breath.

"Ahana.", comes Sienna's reprimanding voice from the edge of my bed.

"Sometimes, I really hate how perceptive you both are.", I say, giving them a side eye to which they roll their eyes.

"Speak.", orders Kylie.

"It's just that I can't help thinking about him. I know that there is nothing either of us can do. But we were good together. All I can think about is the memories Gabriel and I made together."

Telling them about how I am feeling takes me back to the time when all was good. Or at least it felt good.

I brush my fingers through his velvety soft hair as he gazes up at me while laying down on my bed. "I like your hair. They are soft.", I tell him.

"I like your room.", his reply was unexpected.

"Really? Why?", I ask curiously.

"It doesn't feel lonely. It makes me feel like there is life here. Unlike my room which is more of a requirement than a safe place.", he tells me honestly as he puts his head on my lap while I take support of the backrest of the bed to sit.

"I am happy that you like it. You can come here whenever you want.", my fingers trace the contours of his chiseled face.

"Through the window?", he teases with mischief in his eyes and a smile on his face.

"You know you need to stop doing that. My parents will allow you to enter through the front door.", I say as my lips curve upwards.

"But where's the fun in that, Bombshell?", he says and starts tickling me everywhere.

"Stop. Hahaha Gabe.", I say with a laugh as I try my hardest to get out of his hold.

"But this is fun.", he continues as he hovers over me, making me lie on my bed with his knees on either side of me.

The room fills with our laughter and I love it. I try pushing his chest but he holds my hand and pins them beside my head. We look in each other's eyes, the corner of our eyes still crinkled and huge grins plastered on our faces, as we let out labored breaths.

Eventually, I realise our close proximity and see his pupils dilating as our faces are overcome by another emotion.

Slowly, he leans down, my hands still trapped, as he whispers, "Bombshell".