Chapter - 11

I wake up to the urge of throwing up

I wake up to the urge of throwing up. I must have drunk too much last night. I get up and sit straight on the couch I am lying on.

Wait! Couch?

I turn around and look at my surroundings in an attempt to recognize them.

I start to recall everything in my head. I got drunk and was in some dark alley where some dudes hit me. Assholes! Then out of nowhere, Ahana came and took me to her house and applied medicines on my wounds and then? Shit! I told her about my mom and I cried! I sigh slapping my forehead hard. Then what? Then I kissed her. Wait what?!

I kissed her. I FUCKIN' KISSED AHANA STOKES!

I pull my hair in frustration. What the hell was I even thinking? Well, I actually wasn't thinking or else this never would've happened. Ugh!

Then I realise that I'm still at her place. I look at the wall clock in the room and it is almost six in the morning. I need to get out of here first. So, I run out of her house as fast as I could, hoping that Connor doesn't spot me knowing that he is a morning person. I run to my place like a maniac and to my room and then sigh in relief sinking in bed. I feel like I am dying from all the exhaustion and hangover.

I am never drinking this much again!

But all of that running made me want to throw and I hurry up to my bathroom as I puke my guts out and then I decide to freshen up so I take a cold bath, getting rid of the residual hangover.

I get ready for school a little early so, I lie down on my bed. And that frickin' kiss comes running back to me as a reminder to never get drunk out my senses ever again.

I wonder what would she think of me now? How would she react? How would I even face her after all this chaos? Oh God! Why is my life such a mess?

Yes, I will pretend that I don't remember any of it. I was drunk right? And she doesn't know that I retain any memory from last night. And I will avoid her at all costs.

But what I couldn't get out of my mind was the kiss. How her lips engulfed mine as if my lips were where her belong. As if they were solely made for me to taste and savor. How soft and kind her lips felt on mine.

Wait!

What the heck on this holy frickin' earth am I even thinking? I cannot like that kiss. Especially when it was with Ahana Stokes! Gabriel c'mon you can't let anyone have such an effect on you. You're stronger than that. You're too bad to like that fuckin' kiss. I remind myself as if that would make a change.

*****

Upon reaching the school parking area, my eyes involuntarily search for her. And then when they actually spot her, they avert themselves. At least, she wasn't looking over at me.

Then, I hear Connor calling her name while catching up to her, "Hey, Ahana. Good morning."

"Good morning to you too.", she greets giving him a brief hug and he kisses her cheek. He did not just kiss Ahana. How dare he kiss her? Wait, and why do I care? I must me out of my mind, or it's just a little hangover I have. I shake my head and make my way into the school avoiding their field of vision.

As the day passes, I successfully avoid all and any interactions with Ahana.

Today, me and the band, which obviously include my gang; Connor, Liam, Fernando and Cameron, are gonna practice for the upcoming music competition. I text them to meet me in the music room to distract myself from Ahana because I literally found myself stealing glances at her.

But I know Cameron won't be able to join us this year for the competition and that is kind of a drawback since he is the second vocalist. But never mind, we'll put on a great show either way.

Soon, the boys come to the room and we start practicing with Connor handling the piano, Fernando handling the drums and Liam taking care of the bass.

Picking up my guitar, I try to formulate a new melody which I successfully do, and based on that we begin writing the lyrics. As we thought that self-composed would get us some advantage.

After almost an hour we end the practice and make our way to the last class for the day. "Hey, Gabriel.", Connor catches my attention.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering if something is going on between you and Ahana.", he asks hesitantly. And all I can think about now is the kiss. Does he know that we kissed? Did she tell him? Did he see me leaving her house in the morning? And all such questions flood my mind in an instant. He caught me off-guard.

"Wh... What are you talking about?", I stutter.

"No, just Ahana was asking a lot about you today."

"Did she say something?", I let my curiosity win.

"Nope, just asking."

"No Connor, there's nothing going on between us. Neither there ever can be and you know that better than anyone.", I assure him and he seem to relax.

Why was he so tensed about it though, does he like her? "Connor, you like her, don't you?", and I swear his ears turn red.

"Maybe. I mean I do feel attracted to her but I'm not sure yet.", he confesses.

"Ah, I see.", why am I not happy for him?

"Yeah, come on let's go now."

And soon, school ends for the day, but I still can't wrap my head around why I am not glad to know that Connor likes Ahana. Is it because I don't like her and we're kinda enemies right now and so I don't want my best friend to like her either? Do I hate her? But I wouldn't have kissed her then, right? No, Gabriel what are you thinking? It was because you were drunk.

I chastise myself and keep reminding myself so that I don't start believing nonsense.

It was just a mistake. DO NOT FORGET!