Chapter - 43

It's close to sunset, when I find myself lying in our park, close to the lake

It's close to sunset, when I find myself lying in our park, close to the lake. I lay my head on Gabriel's chest and feel the steady breaths he takes as his chest rises and falls rhythmically.

His one hand rests behind his head and the fingers of the other, moving softly in my hair. With him I feel a peace I have never known.

It's been a week since I saw that girl in the mall and at the theatre. I never saw her again. I asked Gabriel that day the reason for him being so tense, and he said it was because of his father. So, I let it go, thinking that I must be overreacting.

I get up to sit and he looks at me. "What happened?"

I take out a small box from my pocket. "I have something for you."

"What is it?", he sits up too and takes the box from me. Uncertainly, he opens it and his eyes widen with surprise upon seeing it. Slowly, he picks up the chain and smiles.

"A silver pick-shaped locket with guitar cut out in the middle, for you.", I tell him, hoping that he'd like it.

Still smiling, he looks at me. "Why did you bring me this?"

"I was out with my parents the other day and saw this. And this instantly reminded me of you, so I had to get it.", I say, excitedly. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? Are you kidding me? I love it." Happily, I jump on him and hug him tightly. We laugh and fall backwards on the ground, with me on top of him.

Realising our position, a smirk stretches up on my face. "I have to admit. You look good underneath me."

His own lips curl up as his arms tighten around my waist. "But you look hot on top, Bombshell."

And I hit him lightly on his arm and laugh. "Let's go home."

My words light up a glint in his eyes. "Thank you for the locket, baby. That was very thoughtful of you."

"Look at the back of it.", I instruct him.

Furrowing his brows, he does as I say. He sees the engraving I got done and repeats it. "'A<3G'. It's lovely." He says, giving me a sincere smile as all his emotions reflect in his forest-like orbs. Whenever I look in his eyes, I find myself getting lost in them and I realise that I don't wish to be found. Not really.

"Come on. Let's go.", he says as he pecks my lips and then we proceed to get up.

We both catch the drift and hurry up to reach home. This time we go to his place knowing that his dad is out on a business trip so it would be empty.

He takes my hand as we make our way through the park to the parking area to get on the bike. Soon, we get it on the busy street and he drives as if just released from the fiery pits of hell.

This impatience of his to get me alone makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter and heart beat like crazy. I encircle my arms tightly around his waist as I feel the cool evening air caressing my face.