Chapter - 39

Patience

Patience.

Patience has never been my strong suit.

But I never knew or would have imagined it to be Gabriel's. I would have taken him to be impulsive, reckless, someone who gets what he wants right there and then, thanks to his dad and the luxury he created.

But now that I think, I forgot that he is a musician. And learning and mastering any art form would require a great deal of dedication and patience.

And I believe that's why he is so hell-bent on following me around all day and doing everything for me.

It's been a month since the day he started his mission to get me back. But after so much self-restraint, I haven't given into him and his ways, no matter how charming. I stayed strong.

He has continued doing what he did the first day, gave me a single clipped-thorn rose, a handwritten note, carrying my stuff and dropping me to every class with a forehead kiss, taking care of what I eat, and following me home to make sure I reach back safe.

On the weekends or holidays, he sometimes climbs through my bedroom window or walks in through the front door. I don't even know how he convinced mom to let him in. Must be his charm.

Or maybe the way he has been apologizing for hiding things and hurting me in the process. My mom does have a tendency to forgive easily, and is way too soft-hearted for this world.

So, this continuous fixation of his of following me, has me looking around for him when I don't find any note or rose in my locker, worried that he might have gotten bored of the chase, of me.

I wait for him for a while as I pretend to look at something in my phone. But when he still doesn't show up, I feel my heart losing all hope, when suddenly, his presence startles me.

"Waiting for me, Bombshell?", he says with his breath fanning my ear making me feel things I can't help but feel.

I clear my throat. "No, I was just looking at my phone.", I lie as I move my phone in front of his eyes.

But unfortunately, he knows me a little too well. "You do know that you can't lie to me right.", he smirks as I glare at him. "Here's your rose and the note.", he says forwarding them to me.

Then he takes my stuff and starts walking ahead. "Now, come on."

I feel relieved that he showed up so I let my lips curve into a small smile as I follow him to my class. And he kisses me on the forehead again after leaving me there. And the day goes on like it has been for the past month.

*****

I am sitting on my bed when my phone buzzes with incoming messages.

I pick up the phone and open the group chat which I have with Kylie and Sierra.

Sierra: We're worried about you.

Kylie: What she said.

Me: Why?