Cold Hearted

- Winter

I laid in my bed pondering the meaning of my life. Its was 4:30 am and I was completely ready for school and just waiting until I have to go pick up Qibli.

"WINTER!" Icicle said as she barged into my room. "Yes?" I said in a bored tone. "When are you leaving?!" she asked angrily.

"I am leaving when it's time to leave." I answered with a shrug. That statement got me slap to the face. Luckily she didn't hit me that hard.

"Fine! Im leaving in ten!" I told her quickly. She gave me an unsatisfied glare. "Well hurry up the family feels sick when your around." she said coldly.

I rolled my eyes when she turned her back. I sighed as I acted like that didn't sting but it absolutely did and she knew it.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs into our living room. There Icicle was telling dad how I slapped her after I snapped at her.

My eyes widened in fear and my father looked at me with a cold stare. I stood there not daring to move. "Did you really Winter? You may hate your sister but atleast we love her." father said with a harsh tone.

It felt like a piece of ice just stabbed my heart and made it shatter into a million pieces. I looked at the floor with an ashamed face.

I could feel my father's glare burning through my head but I didn't dare to look him in the eye. He was better than me and more powerful than me. Therefore I don't have the right to look him in the eye.

"You better leave this house right now and don't come back until after 5:00 when we all leave without you for family dinner." father said.

I nodded slowly, grabbed my car keys, and left the house. I drove away from our huge mansion and to Qibli's house.

I gulped when I got in the car to try and push away the tears forming in my eyes. I decided to focus on the road most of the way to Qibli's house and school.

I heard Qibli say a couple interesting things like dropping hints that his homelife isn't great but I mostly ignored him.

Qibli was a very interesting person overall though. He is the only person in this world that I can trust. I didn't want to admit for a long time but I would trust him with my life.

He is my one and only real friend. I have other "friends" like Kinkajoh and Turtle but it's just not the same.

I sighed when I parked in the school parking lot. I was not excited for another year of school. School is just a closed space where they trap kids for 8 hours they send the off with four pounds of homework and stress issues.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed I had somehow waked from my car to my locker without even noticing.

I shrugged and put my bag in my locker. I looked up and heard Qibli's voice. "Qibli." I called and walked around a corner.

He was talking to a short girl with long black hair tied up into a bun on her head. She had emerald green eyes that I could look into forever.

I stared at her in slight shock. I had never felt this way for anyone ever. Not even Glory my own girlfriend.

I wanted to dismiss this girl from my brain but I couldn't get her image out of my head. It was superglued on and I wasn't going to forget her.

After a moment of staring I asked ,"Whos this?" It didn't even bother me how rude that came out. "Uh this is-" Qibli started but the girl cut him off.

"You don't need to know my name." she said staring me right in the eyes. This intrigued me. I was clearly better, stronger, and more powerful than her yet she still had the audacity to look at me and speak to me that way.