Killed

- Deathbringer

I walked up to the address. I pulled out my keycard and showed it to the scanner and entered the building.

The last place I wanted to be was here. But if I don't come things are going to get messy. I put my hand on the gun in my pocket.

I walked into an office and saw Morrowseer sitting in a chair staring at nothing. "PTSD." he said not looking at me.

"What?" I demanded. He looked up at me. "PTSD. Post traumatic stress disorder." he said. "I am aware of what that is, but why are you telling me this?" I questioned.

He glared at me. "I know about you and Moon living together. I want you to watch her and make sure she doesn't have that." he said.

"Why do you care?" I asked. He looked down. "Your the one who murdered her only family! She doesn't have anyone else Morrowseer! You left her alone!" I yelled at him.

I was really angry at him. Moon is like my little sister. He hurt her and then just left her all alone staring at the lifeless body of her mother.

Even as myself with a horrible mother I would feel absolutely horrified if I had to watch a bullet go through her head. I woudl be horrified if I had to watch that happen to anyone.

But, my mother is the only family I have left. No siblings, no grandparents, no cousins, and my father died a long time ago.

He slammed his hand on the table and stood up. "I made a mistake!" he yelled. He looked me right in the eye.

His eyes were bloodshot and he looked like he hasn't slept in weeks. "I don't care if killing her was a mistake. Moon doesn't either. All I care about is that you killed her." I said.

"I want to see her." he said.

What is wrong with this man? He really thinks that he can kill his daughter's mother and then just stroll in and see her again?

"No. You aren't going to see her." I said. He stared at me. "Please. You and I both know she isn't alone. She has me. I am her only family left. Are you really going to take that away from her?" he said.

That stopped me in my tracks.

Will I? Do I really want to take that away from her? Yes, I do. Because I know Morrowseer is just trying to get in my head. Give me a guilt trip so he can get what he wants.

"Yeah I am going to take that away from her. Because your right. She isn't alone. She has me. And I could name a few other people as well." I said.

"And by the way. To her. You are nothing but a psychopath that killed her mother." I said.

In that moment that is when Morrowseer clicked. A spark grew in his eye. But this wasn't any spark. This was the one that says you're crazy.

He smiled and pulled out a knife from his pocket. "Fine. I am going to find her, and use this knife to slowly kill her." he said.

My heart started racing. "I am going to find the boy who likes her, Qibli and take her friend Kinkajou and you and make all watch as I kill her.

How does he know these people? Maybe because Qibli is the son of  criminalshe may have worked with. Surprised no one else notices. He looks a lot like them.

"And then I will kill Qibli and Kinkajou the same way I did her. And finally I will kill Glory. "But I won't kill you. I will leave you to suffer." he said.

No, he won't. Can he really do that?

My brain was going a mile a minute.

How does he know Kinkajou, and Glory? What if he really does do that? Can I keep Moon safe? Can I keep anyone safe from him?

I sighed. Then I remembered something.

I have to do it. It's the only way to ensure safety for them.

I put my hand on the gun in my pocket. "Morrowseer. A little tip. Never bring a knife to a gun fight." I said.

His smiled dropped instantly. I pulled out the gun and aimed it at his head. "I don't want to do this. I can swear you that. But this won't be a little accident like it was with Secretkeeper. Moon's life is way more important than yours anyway." I said.

I pulled the trigger and looked away. I heard a loud bang and then a thud. I saw Morrowseer's body lay lifeless on the floor.

"I didn't think you could do it." I took in a sharp breath and turned around. "Quickstrike." I said. She nodded.

"I'm proud. He was a danger to society." she said. I nodded. I started to leave the room but she stopped me.

"What?" I sneered. "Why off in such a rush?" she asked. "I have to get back to Moon." I said. "Moon. Lover of just a friend?" she asked.

I stared at her. "Family." I said. She looked taken aback. I walked out. "Deathbringer! Stop!" she yelled.

I ignored her. "You are just like your father." she said. I stopped. "Stubborn. Brave. Handsome." she spoke in a manipulative voice.

I scoffed. "I would never know." I said. She started talking but I left. I got in my car and sighed.

I just killed a man.

That thought made me shiver. I had to do it. It was him or people I care about.

I took a detour home just incase they were following me.

I arrived and heard talking.

I need to make up a lie. They'll think I was at work.

I slowly walked in and the moment I saw Moon guilt overtook me.

I ended up telling Qibli to leave. Not because I don't like him but he was flirting with Moon and I am not about to be a third wheel.

Later that night I laid down just staring at the ceiling.

I killed someone today. I took someone's life away from them. Maybe he could have changed?

I couldn't help but think that.

Someone who lived, talked, laughed, and loved. I took that from them.

I felt guilty. I had never killed anyone in my life. I felt like a murderer.

I am a murderer. What would have Moon done? Would she have killed him? Or would she have showed mercy?

Can I ever forgive myself?

Ok, I'm sorry about the short chapter but to make up for it I am going to post another one today or tomorrow.

Anyways have a great day! 1129 words.