Trial

- Qibli

I raced down my street as fast as possible.

"Qibli! I get your scared, but killing us on the way to save Moon won't help!" Deathbringer shouted. I ignored him.

"You can't go inside. Sirocco and Rattlesnake will try and ambush you the moment you go in. Spy on us through the front door." I told him.

He shook his head. "You getting killed by my siblings doesn't help Moon much either!" I protested. He heistated, but nodded.

I couldn't keep myself away from fearing Moon's now fading future.

They will try to kill her. That first day when I refused to tell them who I was with. I set them off. Now the girl I love is going to die and it is my fault.

The thought of living in a world without Moon made me sick to my stomach. Because in a way I always have had her in my life.

At our old school. She was there. With me. Even if I didn't realize it. I suddenfly felt very idiotic.

I felt like an idiot for not spending every waking moment with her. Because soon she may have no more waking moments.

I parked the car and ran to the front door flinging it open and I went inside.

I went straight to the living room. It had no windows making it the ideal room to either torture or interrogate.

It was where they always did it.

Moon sat in a chair tied to it. Her eyes were open, but barely. They were unfocused. Almost dead. Fear flared through me.

Is she dead?!

But when I entered her eyes focused on me.

Oh thank the lord.

Her white blouse was soaked with blood. Blood dried on her face. She looked as if she could barely move.

My breath caught.

I would watch Winter breaking her arm over and over and over again willingly than ever see this once if I could.

I rushed to her side. "Moon! Its ok! I'm going to get you to safety." I soothed.

"Not likely." I tensed. "Vulture." I said not looking away from Moon.

Cobra appeared behind Moon suddenly. I clenched my fists.

"What can I do? To keep her safe. Anything, it's done." I told them. This caught Vulture's attention.

"Oh, that is why you wouldn't tell us who she was. Makes much more sense now." he said. Cobra looked between us curiously.

"Tell me Qibli. Have you told her yet?" Vulture mused. "Not that you care anyways!" I spat. He nodded.

"So no you haven't told her. Cobra hit the damn girl or he won't talk. I would rather see Qibli say it himself than expose him." Vulture stated.

Cobra whacked Moon on the head making her go unconscious. "DONT TOUCH HER!" I screamed. "Protective much? Didn't realize poor Qibli had fallen in love." Cobra mused.

I eyed both of them carefully. "Too bad she won't make it. I must admit she is pretty. Very loyal. You should have seen her. Everytime I hit her she wimpered your name." Cobra said carelessly.

My heart shattered and my vision went slightky blurry. "Everyone single hit, she would wimper, Qibli, please help me, Qibli. Or scream it as loud as she should. Quite sentimental really." Vulture mused.

"You could have saved her. If you would have stayed out of her life she could have lived. But as always you had to go and ruin everything." Vulture scowled.