Hurt

- Deathbringer

I stared after Moon as she walked away. Why me? Did I just ruin our entire friendship?

I plopped down on the couch in the library and stared at the floor.

Me. Out of all people she wanted me. What can I do to fix this? I sat there thinking about Moon. Maybe I shut her down too quickly.

I mean she is beautiful, kind, selfless, and smart. I love her and would do anything for her just, I can't imagine us being a thing.

I then thought about Glory. Glory. She was also beautiful, smart, selfless, and kind. Glory was also different to me.

I don't love Moon like I want to spend my life with her. I love her like a childhood friend. I love Glory like someone to spend my life with.

I sighed after a moment. I made the right decision. Even though I know I hurt Moon but I won't lie to her about my feelings just so she is happy. Because in the end I would still hurt her.

"Deathbringer!" I snapped up my head and saw Glory. "What?" I asked alarmed. "I have been calling your name for 5 minutes! I thought you died or something!" she yelled.

"What were you doing?" she asked. "I- I was thinking." I replied honestly. She gave me a weird face.

"So, I heard about you and Moon. Are you...?" she said. "No we aren't." I stated. "Oh, are you ok?" she asked.

I was a little shocked. Glory had never talked to me for this long. " Not really. She is my best friend and now I'm pretty sure she hates me now." I said with a sigh.

She put her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her with big eyes. Her eyes widened and she quickly pulled away her hand.

"Why are you here?" I asked after a moment. "Oh yeah, after you didn't show up for the rest of your classes I came to look for you." she said.

"Wait I missed my classes?" I asked while standing up. "Yeah school is over." she said with a shrug. My jaw dropped.

"Holy crap what time is it?!" I asked fully panicked now. "Its 5:15 pm." she replied. "Crap I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed.

"Late for what?" Glory asked. "Work! I have to be there by 5:20!" I said while grabbing my bag and running out of the library.

Glory followed me. "Why do you have a job when your like 17?" she asked. "Well when you live alone you can't just not work. Usually I have to work from three to eleven on most days but today it's just five to eleven." I said still running down the hall of the school.

"Why do you live alone?" Glory asked. "Good question but I got a better one. Why are you following me?" I asked.

I smirked when I heard her stutter. "Looks like someone can't stay away from me!" I said proudly.
"Shut up. Why are you running down the road?" she asked.

"Because I missed the bus and I don't have a car." I said beginning to get tired. "Running won't get you there on time." she said.

Then someone pulled my backpack and I almost fell backwards. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Get in my car I will drive you there." Glory said.

I sighed happily. I hopped in the passenger seat and Glory looked at me for a long moment. "What?" I asked.

"Now I have to clean that seat." she said with a sigh. "Hey!" I grinned. She smiled and shrugged. "Where do you work?" she asked.

"Outclaw cafe." I answered. She nodded and started driving. "Thank you my queen." I said. "Your queen?" she asked.

"Yes. You are my queen." I said with a little bow. "Um I don't know how to feel about that. Just no more bowing." she said with an eyeroll.