Choose

- Qibli

I listened to the crickets and looked at the stars as I walked. The moon was shining tonight and I could see the stars.

It reminded me of her. The way the stars gleamed and the moon shone. Lately everything that I liked made me think of her.

My most common thought lately was Jade.

How in the world did she have the same thought as me? Out of all people? Is this a sign? Or am I just crazy?

I remembered the day that I saw father slap Rattlesnake. I had thought about if I had a daughter how I would treat her.

What would she look like? Would she be like me? Would I be a good father? Who would be the mother?

One of my greatest fears is becoming a parent. Truthfully I didn't exactly have the greatest role models.

Would I treat my child like my parents do?

I have been thinking about that a lot. I then saw my house. Not a home though. A home is somewhere filled with love.

This was my stupid house that I despised. I grabbed my keys and opened the front door. I saw my entire family at the dinner table eating.

"Where were you?" Vulture asked. I sighed. "I was at a friends house." I said. "Who?" Cobra asked. I didn't exactly want to admit who I was with but just thinking about her made me smile.

I wanted to slap myself because I showed my vulnerability. My family will take any weaknesses or things that they could blackmail me with and destroy them.

"Ah, a girl I presume." father said. I didn't say anything. Vulture stood up and stormed over to me. I was shaking but I couldn't say anything about Moon.

If I did she could be in huge danger. My family hates me so anyone that could potentially make me happy is in huge danger.

Which is why I never wanted to fall in love. Anyone I care about is in danger. "Boy, you tell me who you were with now!" Vulture yelled. I closed my eyes as a realization came to me.

I am literally willing to take a beating for her. If it means she is safe I am willing to do anything. God, what happened to me?!

Father raised his hand in a menacing way indicating I was about to be hit. I braced myself for a painful moment.

My eyes widened at his next action. He pulled a blade out of his pocket. "No please don't!" I breathed.

He smiled at me. "Tell me or I use this." he said nodding to his blade. I gulped. I shaked my head.

Don't give in. Keep her safe.

Those thoughts replayed themselves over and over again in my brain. "Brave I see. More like stupid." Vulture said.

He seized my neck and held up the blade. He quickly sliced it across my nose. "Agh!" I yelled feeling an exteme pain on my face.

Vulture lowered the blade and gave me a satisfied look. He walked back to the dinner table and sat down.

Sirocco and Rattlesnake's eyes were widened in amazement. I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom.

There was blood dripping all of my face. I cleaned off the blood and shivered. The cut on my nose was extremely deep.

Lucky for me I have been cut many times by knifes so I knew how to do stitches. None of my previous cuts ever scared or were this bad.

He knows that she is important to me. So he have me a more harsh punishment.