Unlucky

- Moon

"Morning Moonbud!" I heard my mom say as I came down the stairs. "Hey," I said tiredly. "Are you excited for your first day of school?" she said excitedly.

"Not really." I answered with a shrug. "Wha-? Why not?" mom asked with a confused expression. "Well, I don't like school, and I'm going to be the new kid." I said with an obvious eyeroll.

"Just because it's a new school doesn't mean people are going to be mean to you." mom said with a doubtful expression.

"That's exactly what it means!" I said in protest before beginning to eat my breakfast. "Moon, just keep an open mind ok?" mom said.

"I will." I said with a sigh. "Oh, I forgot to mention Deathbringer goes to this school!" mom said with an optimistic smile.

I gave her the most terrified expression ever. "WHAT?!" I said in a panicked way. "Deathbringer Night?!" I said in disbelief.

"Why didn't you mention this sooner?!" I said as I put my head down. "What? I thought you guys were friends?" mom said.

"Yeah we are friends outside of school! Outside school friends need to stay OUTSIDE of school mom!" I told her with a slight glare.

"Your being dramatic." mom said with an eyeroll before grabbing her purse. "I have to head to work, but have a great at school!" she said before rushing out the door.

I sighed in defeat. Why out of all schools does Deathbringer have to go to my school?! Deathbringer is my oldest friend.

I met him when I played on a 10 year old soccor team and we were the best players. When I quit we stayed in touch.

For a long time we hung out every day. We would meet at the park everyday and talk, play, and just have fun.

A couple years ago around my fourteenth birthday I developed a sense towards him. The truth is I have a huge crush on him.

We haven't hung out in around a year and it is going to be totally awkward. At my old school I was so unpopular and weird.

I just don't want Deathbringer to see me as an ugly nerd. I sighed knowing that is exactly how he will see me.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. School started soon so I had to go get dressed, do my hair, and makeup.

I put on a black tanktop crop top with a star pattern on it. I then put on a pair of blue ripped jeans and my black Air Jordans.

I faced the mirror and looked at my long curly black hair. I was too lazy to try and brush it all out. I put it in a messy bun on top of my head and put on a little mascara and lipgloss.

I grabbed my bag and left the house. I walked outside the moment the bus was pulling up. I got on the bus and immediately was being watched by the whole bus.

I walked down the bus and everytime I sent someone and hopeful look they would slide their backpack in the spot I could sit at.

I reached the very end of the bus and the only spot left was next to a boy with black hair. He was looking out the window and I decided to just sit down.

I sat down next to him not even caring if he wouldnt want me to sit by him. I turned my head away from him and crossed my legs.

I didn't even have to look to know he was giving me a weird look. After a moment I sighed finally willing to look him in the eye.

The moment I saw his face I regretted even sitting by him. "Moon?" I heard him say. "Hey, Deathbringer." I said putting on a fake smile.

"Why are you on this bus?" he asked with a curious smile. "I go to your school now." I said with a fake laugh.