Confusion

- Deathbringer

"*Ring* *Ring*" I woke up to my phone buzzing. I groaned as I still had 5 minutes left to sleep before my alarm went off.

I picked up my phone about to decline the call. I froze when I realized who was calling. It was Quickstrike.

I sat there thinking if I should answer it. Quickstrike was my failing mother who acted like she cared about me.

Whenever she dropped in to "check" on me she always left within a day of visiting. She took $10,000 from me and spent it on alcohol and drugs.

I clicked answer call on my phone and she immediately started talking. "Hey Deathy how are you doing?" she asked with fake curiosity.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want this time? Another $10,000?" I asked with venom dripping from my words.

"Oh, I just wanted so see how you are doing. And to see if I can stay with you for a couple days?" she asked.

There it is her stupid manipulative voice. "No! Can't you just leave me alone?!" I told her. "Deathbringer. I am your mother you listen to me! I know living alone isn't easy I just want to know your safe." she said with convincing sincerity.

I scoffed. "You may be my biological mother but to me your nothing. I'm pretty much just a stray orphan." I told her.

"You don't mean that." she said. "Yeah I do. You be best off just leaving me alone." I told her then hanging up.

Yes, I may have been slightly rude but with her if your not strict she will manipulate you. She was a trained con artist who sold illegal things.

For the first 10 years of my life that was all I knew. Manipulation, strength, and power. She taught me to care for no one.

I didn't for a long time. All until I met Moon. Moon was my closest friend. I trusted her with my life. She was like a little sister to me.

It broke my heart when we stopped hanging out. I'd do anything to see her again. For a while I didn't have anyone to care about.

I tried to be popular and I got a little popularity but it wasn't the same. Then Glory came into the picture.
Glory was the girl of my dreams. I would throw myself infront of a bus for her.

Sadly she is dating Winter. The second most popular guy in the school. Glorybringer is just perfect. What would there ship name be? Glinter? Wory?

It's just not as good as Glorybringer. I sighed finally getting out of bed. I got up and threw on a black tank top.

It's the firat day of school and I want to look my best for Glory. I put on blue jeans and black jordans. I went into the bathroom and put on my chain necklance.

I brushed my teeth and saw that my hair was absolutely perfect. I winked at myself before running out my apartment and heading towards school.

I locked the door and got in the elevator. I scoffed at what Quickstrike said. It's not that hard living alone. Yes, I have two jobs and I work alot but when I'm adult I will live alone with a job anyways.

The only difference is I want to be a S.W.A.T member. I want to catch people who do bad things like Quickstrike.

I walked outside and got on the bus. I sat down in the back of the bus. I turned and looked out the window.

I kinda zoned out so it surprised me when someone sat next to me in the bus. I turned to look at them and saw that it was a girl.

She had her legs crossed and she was facing away from me. I stared at her weirdly. This girl was oddly familiar yet she seemed like she hated me.