Chapter 34. Goodbye And Darkness

Izuku slowly opened his eyes and saw that he was in a massive dark void and not the forest where he was before Fawkes sister showed up.

He sat up and was about to take a step when he saw a flame appear before Fawkes showed up.

"Hey Izuku" he said looking at him with a slightly sad look in his eyes.

"Fawkes what's going on? We need to get back and help everyone" said Izuku looking at him.

A sigh left his beak as he looked up at him "that isn't exactly possible, my sister burned your body till not even ashes were left... not only that but she used the flames of hell to ensure you can't come back" he said.

Izuku looked at him shocked and fell to his knees "so... you mean I... can't come back..." he said looking beyond devastated "Oh no.. what will Eri think... or Ochako, Himiko, Mei.. grandma and my friends".

"We do have a way to get back Izuku, like I said before, the only thing that can beat the flames of hell are the flames of heaven and those also works vise versa... but with what she did... that won't work exactly" Fawkes said.

"What do you mean.." said Izuku looking at him before he saw that his hand was slowly disappearing. He then felt a large surge of energy hit him and he looked behind him seeing 8 figures With their arms raised towards him giving him strength so he can stay and live.

"She basically destroyed your soul.. but if it wasn't for me and One For All making it apart of ourselves you'd be dead, but even then it's only a fragment of what you need to survive" said Fawkes.

"So... what do I do... what do we do?" Said Izuku.

"Izuku... you are like a brother to me.. these last couple years have been the best years of my life and because of me, your now dead..." said Fawkes as a small flame appeared on him and flew into Izuku and started to merge into him. While he did that, on his body feathers slowly started to fall and he now started to dissappear.

"Fawkes... what are you doing?" Said Izuku who then noticed that Fawkes was disappearing. "S-stop!! Your disappearing".

"I know... but because of my mistakes and dragging you into my war, you died and can't revive by normal means... I was hoping to do this over the course of time but... we don't have that option anymore" said Fawkes.

"No.. please don't be leaving me..." said Izuku as tears started to run down his face and a lump formed in his throat.

"I'm giving you my life Izuku... my soul will merge with you, erasing me from existence while you get another chance at life... I won't be able to help control your flames or anything like that, so now you'll have to" said Fawkes. "But don't worry, with my soul being merged into yours, you'll be able to see my memories and that'll help you with learning".

Izuku ran forward and hugged Fawkes who was almost completely gone now as more and more of him disappeared.

With the One For All users they looked at this in sadness, especially Nana as her body started to change from a flame to her real life form.

"Please don't go Fawkes... I don't want to loose you... we can find another way" said Izuku.

Fawkes smiled and wrapped his wings around him "Sadly we don't have another option... it's either I die and you live or you die and I live... and I don't want you to die because of my mistakes".