21 - Salute

A sly smirk was plastered to my face. The chair I usually sat on was below deck in an empty room. Me and my belongings were the only things in here, accompanied by a bucket of soapy water. Sengoku-san told me that the trip would take a couple of weeks so I got really comfortable in the room. 

A knock came from the door to the room. "Come in!" I called for the person on the other side. A man shyly came in with a bag and proceeded to ask, "Y-You're a seamstress right? C-Can you please... fix my clothes? The Fleet Admiral said you were willing to fix them," He told me. I smiled, "Of course~ But you should know, material to fix clothing can be pretty expensive, so you will have to pay." I said with the sweetest voice I could manage while flashing him a kind smile.

He nodded, "O-Of course! How much?" I tilted my head slightly up as if I were thinking. "Well, 15 berries for each piece, and, if you want, another 20 for a wash. Those clothes you have look and smell, you wouldn't want to go back with such a smell, would you?" I explained with a smile. "W-Well, I guess not... Alright! Here, when will they be ready?" He asked. "Come back in an hour." He nodded and left.

For the rest of the day, the crew came into my room and left their clothes for me to wash. Each coming back at their designated time. When the first guy came back, I had a new bucket in my room, one full of muddy water. 

"So, how much will that be?" He asked, I gave him a sweet smile. "350 berries!" I told him, his eyes popped out of his head. "WHY SO HIGH?!" He questioned as he fell to his butt from the shock. "You gave me ten pieces of clothing, 15 per piece for mending, 20 per piece for washing. You agreed to the prices, why are you so shocked?" I asked innocently. "I DIDN'T KNOW THE WASH WAS PER PIECE!" 

My smile left, now I was frowning innocently. "You don't want to pay?" I asked. "OF COURSE NOT!!" I sighed and picked up his now clean clothing and walked over to my bucket of muddy water. "Then I will let you pay 150 for the repairs and we can forget they were cleaned!" I suggested  as I held the clean, white clothes over the dirty bucket. His eyes widened in horror. "Y-You wouldn't..." He slowly got up and held his hands out as if I were a wild animal about to pounce. 

"I wouldn't be so sure of that!" I said dropping his sock in the bucket. "Your price went down to 330 berries!" I told him. "ALRIGHT, I'LL PAY! DON'T DROP ANY MORE!" 

That was the reaction of every marine that came to my makeshift shop. By the time we got to Marine Ford, all of the marines on the ship were acting very gloomy. I, on the other hand was very cheerful. I skipped and hopped off of the ship counting my beautiful stack of money. Over 100,000 berries!

While I was cheerfully counting the money, I didn't sense, see, or hear a person step in front of me. I crashed right into their chest, well, actually I think it's a thigh. I look up to see a very tall man wearing a red suit with a white navy jacket draped over him. He wore a navy cap and had a flower tattoo on his neck. He looked mad.

"Who the hell are you?" He questioned with a deep voice. "Y/N," I answered simply. "Why the hell are you here?" He asked with an irritated voice. "Sengoku-san brought me," I replied pointing towards said man. "Where did you get all that money?" He asked trying to grab it from me. I pulled it away. "If you think I stole it, I didn't. Do I look stupid enough to rob someone then go straight to the authorities," I questioned.  A vein popped out on the side of his forehead, he is definitely mad now. 

"Teenagers can be crazy, you never know," He barked back. I gave him the craziest look I could muster and said, "Do I look crazy to you?" He lifted his arm, probably to kill me, when a familiar voice called out. "Ah! Sengoku, you're back! GAHAHA!" I froze. I know that voice. Slowly I poke my head around the tall red man in front of me and saw him. 

A shiver ran down my spine, I looked up at the tall red man. "Hey, I'll give you a hundred berries if you help me get away from him." Red guy glared at me.