3 - Not That Kind of Law

(first pov)

We have been on the island for a couple of days now. We all noticed the increase in Marines. Something was going on in Swallow Island. Jackie told everyone that today we were going to Minion Island to hide, and then we would leave. I am a little bummed that I'm not getting a chance to explore this island, but I definitely will do some exploring on Minion Island.

From the ship, I could see just how many Marine ships were docked, but of course, the rest of the crew couldn't see them. Deciding to tell Jackie, I went and found him while he was loading some food. "Hey Jackie, we really need to go. There are Marines everywhere." Doing the childish thing, I clung to his pants. He looked down at me, "Birdy.. alright. Men, get a move on it!" He picked me up and held me close to his torso.

Once we got on the ship and were heading towards Minion Island, everyone could see the Marine ships docked at Swallow Island. Jackie's hold on me got tighter. Looking back, the place we were just at was now swarming with Marines. "Birdy, it looks like you saved us here." He smiled proudly. His smile gave me reassurance, so I smiled back at him.

I'm glad that I had previously made the decision to make two covers for my wings. One with long sleeves and one without. I'm also glad I fixed the guys' jackets first because it was snowing on Minion Island. Everyone agreed that staying on the ship to avoid the Marines would be best, but just the thought of staying here, doing nothing, irritates me.

My plan to escape is a messy plan. Very poorly thought out, but it's the best I can come up with.

First, have Zia play music and distract everyone. Second, say I'm tired and go to my room. Third, lock the door and sneak out through the window.

Starting the plan, I dragged Zia to the piano and begged her to play. After finally using the sad puppy eyes card, she compiled. Everyone started gathering around. To make things seem less suspicious, I left the group to grab some of the new food. I'll eat it and pretend my stomach hurts. Even if it was rotten, I would heal super fast. Thankfully, none of the guys knew that.

After the third song, I excused myself with the 'tummy ache'. No one questioned me, so I made my way to my room. After locking the door, I made my way to the window. There is no way this is actually going over smoothly. I went through the window and met a problem. My wings are too big to fit through the window.

It took a good 3 pushes to finally get through. Right as I was about to hit the floor, I grabbed the railing and held on while my toes were hanging on to the window sill. I let out a sigh. Then, a second problem came forth. Some of the crew were walking towards me. I didn't want to use my wings for fear of them making too much noise.

I pushed my toes and ended up in a handstand position on the rails. I never knew I could do this. Hearing the guys get closer, I push my legs to pull me over the edge. Holding onto the railing wasn't as hard as I thought. I fell on the docks and ran into the island.

Once I got near the ghost town, I looked up, seeing a fire had started in one of the buildings. Then a strange looking man with a black coat jumped through a window. He threw a bomb into the building and I had to hide behind a tree to stay safe. The weird thing about all of it was that there was no noise coming from the chaos.

Being curious, I followed the man while hiding my presence with Chikara. It is a good thing my cover is white.

The man looked really cool running from the explosion until he slipped and went tumbling down the snowy hill. What worried me was that he tumbled right to his enemies' feet. They pointed and shot their guns. I felt too frozen with fear to help the strange guy. What he did next amazed me. He got up and fought the guys off. I watched as he wobbled away. My eyes never once leaving his back.