7 - Someone to You

When I had landed on the island, a sign that said Lougtown greeted me. I smiled and walked into the town, throwing the cover over my wings. The town looked quite peaceful at night. Spotting a lonely ally, I went to find a spot to sleep. In the morning I definitely need to find a place to stay. Ah! Money, I also need to find a way to make money.

Sleeping was a difficult task throughout the night. My excitement and worry both kept me up. Excitement because I have met so many nice people already and I can't wait to meet the people here. Worry because, well, I'm in a new environment by myself. In a dark alleyway might I add. So while the town slept peacefully, my mind never stopped running. 

The sunlight hitting my cheeks made me realize I had stayed up all night. Although since I did just arrive here during the night, I suppose I wouldn't have gotten much sleep either way. At least I came up with a plan during my all-nighter. My plan was to sell some clothes that I had made and use the money to stay at a hotel. Looking at the clothes I had made, they were mostly for me. I guess I can say I make children's clothes. 

While heading to town, I looked around at the lively town. While I was distracted I ran into someone, I fell to the floor. "Watch where you're going, kid. You could hurt yourself, you know?" A deep male voice said. Looking up, I saw a man with short, fluffy, light blue-green hair. He looked young, not as young as me however, maybe in his twenties. He towered over me and I have to admit he was kinda intimidating. "I-I'm sorry. I'm new here, I just wanted to look around." Trying to put a brave face on I stood and stared up at him. 

He smirked and asked me, "Oh yeah? Where ya from, kid?" He sounded like he was impressed I stood my ground

He smirked and asked me, "Oh yeah? Where ya from, kid?" He sounded like he was impressed I stood my ground. "Far from here. No one really knows about it, it's out of the way and not bothered by pirates." I responded. It was an excuse I came up with while my mind was running last night. He nodded his head in understanding. "Alright, where's your parents?" I flinched, my excuse for that is a bit morbid. "I was kidnapped..." I mumbled, looking at the ground, afraid he would notice the lie. Technically it isn't a complete lie. This time he flinched and his smirk was instantly gone. 

He knelt to my height and put his hand on my shoulder. "Kid, I'm Sargent Major Smoker, I'm a marine. I can help you get back-" His words scared me. "No!" He looked shocked. I sighed and scratched my forearm. "I, uh, I ran away with a friend. After a while I was kidnapped from him. He's dead now, I just want to be here for a while." I explained, he sighed and rubbed the nape of his neck. "I can't just let a kid like yourself run free, how were you planning on surviving?" he asked while going back to his feet. I showed him the few clothing I've made. He looked shocked, then he chuckled. "You're going to need to make a lot of those, where have you been staying? Also, what's your name, kid?" I told him my name and an alleyway was where I slept and his face paled. He gave me some money and said it so that i could sleep in an actual bed for the next two nights. 

My face shown with a bright smile. "Thank you! I promise, I'll repay you! No matter what!" He chuckled and said it wasn't necessary. Of course, I insisted. I would hate to be in debt to someone this close to the beginning of my adventure. With a newfound excitement, I ran off leaving him behind.