19 - Storm

I was concentrating as hard as I possibly could. If I don't get this right, my pride will not allow me to call myself an adventurer. This could most definitely be the end of my career. 

"... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Ready or not here I come!" If I can't find four ten-year-old's, how could I reclaim my pride? They challenged me to a game of hide and seek because 'I'm a oh-so-great adventurer'. I will not be tolerating this level of disrespect! And that's not all, one of the kids completely dissed the clothing I make! How rude! I agreed to the challenge and so now I'm looking all over for the annoying little brats. It can't be that hard, right? 

Usually, I like kids, more or less, but brats are a whole other story. If these brats said more about my creations, I would not have a problem teaching them a little... lesson. I mean, these kids had the audacity to interrupt my training with Ivan just to bully me! Why me?! What did I do to get a bunch of ten-year-old's to want to bully me?! Ivan didn't seem to mind my challengers as he let me go with them. 

*

As I walked next to the cafeteria, I felt a young presence in the kitchen. I smirked, found one. Quickly and quietly, I went into the kitchen and saw the youngest challenger. She looked out through the door and smiled, she was completely oblivious to my presence. When she turned around, she screamed. "Ghaa!" I laughed and helped her stand as she cutely puffed her cheeks out in defeat. "If you help me find the others I'll give you a cookie~" I cooed as I tried to bribe her. Her eyes lit up, then she shook her head from side to side. Then she looked at me with a drooling smile, then she shook her head no and wiped her mouth. 

"No! You won't bribe.. b-bribe.. b-b-bribe..." Her voice got quieter with each stutter. "Give me da cookie!!" She exclaimed and grabbed my hand leading me to a cabinet in the hall. Another kid was in there. I smiled and gave her a cookie I snatched from the kitchen. The kid in the cabinet looked at the little girl with anger. "Aoi! You gave in!" He hit her head and she almost dropped the cookie. She caught it just in time and sighed in relief. "Mikey, you almost made me drop my cookie!" She yelled back, not caring that a bump was now where he had hit her. 

While their little exchange was going on, I noticed a small sound from the vents. Smart. I walked over to them and grabbed the boy by his shirt. "H-Hey, let me go!" He hollered back. I smirked, "That leaves only one more to find!" I smirked and continued to look for the final boy. 

"Shush, Sabo-san! I'm hiding from Y/N-chan!" I heard the final boy say to the left of me. I walked over there. "Y/N-chan? Since when did you start addressing her as that?" I heard Sabo ask with a chuckle. "I-I, uh, it doesn't matter! Just shush! Or she'll find me!" The young boy whisper yelled to Sabo, who noticed my presence. "Or who'll find you? Kur-o-saki-kun~." I asked with a coo as I made myself known, the young boy's cheeks flushed. He was the oldest of the group, technically not ten anymore but still younger than me. "Ghaaa! Y/N-chan?! I-I mean Y/N-baka!" I laughed at his correction. 

"So, it turns out I really am the 'oh-so-great adventurer' huh?" I questioned the kids. Sabo laughed to my side. "Keep training." I said suddenly. The kids all looked up at me with surprise, Sabo with curiosity. "Who knows, maybe you'll be just as great as me one day, haha!" I chuckled and patted each of their heads, "Oh, and if I hear any of you say anything about my sewing, I'm coming for you." They all sweat dropped at the threat, even Sabo.

I started walking away to continue my training when I felt a tug on my clothes. "Uh, Y-Y/N-chan, do you... do you really think we can be as strong as you?" It was Kurosaki asking with Aoi by his side. Mikey and the other boy looked at me with hope in their eyes. I smiled, "Of course, though once you're at the level I'm at now, I'll be stronger. So you better keep training. Maybe one day we'll meet and we can spar then. Until then, keep training. Unfortunately, tomorrow is my last day here, so I can't give too many more tips. Just don't give up."