48. Chef's kiss

Dedicated to Skz_2021stay AmberCruz080 MedhaGupta3 Claire1999G

--------A Relatively long chapter-------

Ji ah's POV:

The sun gently kissed my cheeks as I entered the now EMPTY guest room, thanks to a certain someone. He came as he had promised and helped me clear away all the remnants from the guest room. Some of the furniture was nothing but crap so we got rid of it and arranged the rest around the house.

I could feel the excitement bubbling inside me as I imagined the possibilities. This room would become my sanctuary, my escape from the chaos of the outside world. I began rearranging the boxes cramped with my art supplies when I heard the familiar sound of Han Seojun's footsteps. He entered the room, a smug smile playing on his lips."Need any help, my talented artist?" he asked, his eyes gleaming with the knowledge that won't do anything without him. 

 I nodded, grateful for his support. Together, we moved the heavy easel to the perfect spot by the window. We unboxed all the supplies and arranged them on the new table. I had purposely left a wall blank so that we could paint it together. As we painted the wall a fresh coat of white, I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement in my veins. It was as if the room itself was echoing my dreams. 

Han Seojun carefully hung a string of fairy lights around the room, casting a soft glow. After working our asses off the whole day, my studio was finally ready. "It looks amazing! Just like I had envisioned all my life" I whispered to myself, still staring around my studio when I felt his eyes touch me. 

Slightly turning to face him, I found Han seojun holding a box. It was a present, wrapped in elegant, silver wrapping paper. "Congratulations! I'm so so so proud of you!" He said, giving me the present. "Seo jun! You didn't have to..." I trailed off, taking the giant box in my hands. 

 I meticulously peeled away the silver wrapping, making sure not to tear it. And I gasped, Han Seojun had surprised me with a set of brand-new canvases, brushes, and an array of vibrant paints. They all were from well-known brands but the thing that made me cry tears of gratitude was the painting inside.

It was a painting of the Artist I admired the most. I always told Han seojun about her, and how I made my first artwork by painting along her youtube tutorial. I never bought any other artist's work because I thought "Why buy from them when I can do it myself?" But maturing as an artist I learned that exposure to other's work teaches you so much in so many ways that you can't even imagine. 

So I was determined to buy from her one day and he did that for me. Which isn't a small thing. "You remembered!" I asked with disbelief, "Ofcourse I did!" and he replied like it was nothing. Before I could even comprehend anything, my arms were wrapped around him and my face was buried in the hollow of his neck as I cried.

"What do I infer from this, You like it or not?" Han seojun teased me, his warm breath caressed my skin as he tried to distract me. I remained silent through the tears. "Come on!... Stop crying" He cooed, as I pulled away. He wiped my tears as I looked him in the eyes.  His thoughtfulness never failed to melt my heart.

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice laced with emotion. He took my paint-splattered hand in his, bringing it to his lips for a gentle kiss. "It was my pleasure," he said, his voice filled with genuine affection. "Your dreams are mine too, and I'll always be here to support you."

"I__" Our moment was disrupted by the fierce growl of my stomach. I clenched it in my hands, embarrassed. "am hungry!" He finished my sentence with a laugh. "I'm hungry, too," he said. "And if I recall.. You promised me some pizza" He stated as we exited the studio, holding hands.