46. Karma is a Bitch

Dedicated to armyblink27373, Maddilati , armyeericarat

Third Person's POV:

The whole family sat around the dinner table, eating and chatting. Halmeoni cooked multiple traditional Korean dishes, with something special for everyone. Hwang Ji ah and Han seojun both were extremely happy to see the family together like this again. Halmeoni kept on bringing up Han seojun's fake trip and they all had to make up a bunch of stuff to answer her queries, they felt bad to lie to her like that but they did it for her sake in the first place. Their intentions were pure at heart.

"I'm glad that you spent time with Lee su ho there, I've asked you so many times to bring him over like old times but you never listen Seo jun-ah" Halmeoni asked Han seojun, "Arraso! Arraso! I'll ask him to come over ok!!?" he replied with a stuffed mouth eating like a hungry pig

when Mi Hyang chimed in the conversation "He's such a nice kid, and he's always been there for us, The other day I even told him about how we used to call Han seojun Mr. Trickle" She chuckled, followed by Han Go woon and Ji ah.

"Omma, please! Can you cut it out? you've already embarrassed me enough" Han seojun said mortified. "It just happened on its own, It's because I feel so comfortable around Lee su he's just like a son to me" Mi Hyang tried to clarify her stance.

"Do you remember that one time when ants slipped into seo juni's pants and he was squirming like crazy?" Halmeoni asked Mi Hyang with a distant expression on her face as of she were re-living that moment in her head space.

"Yeah! Yeah! I remember bits and pieces about that one! Somebody bring popcorn, please!! " Han Go woon joined in the conversation excitedly. "No one's bringing any popcorn and you guys stop embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend" Han seojun whined, pleading with the elderly women to stop.

"Oh, You stop whining!! She's my daughter first then your girlfriend! Right, Ji ah?" Mi Hyang asked her and she affirmed "Absolutely! Please carry on Emmo!" Ji ha said, looking at Han seojun with a naughty glint in her eyes and a playful smile on full display.

"So, it was summer, and Han seojun was having ice cream in the backyard but it melted and dripped on his shorts and they got all sticky. Suddenly he started running around like crazy and doing weird, funny moves..." "Omma! Please! No!! Laaa laa laaa" Han seojun didn't let his mother finish and started singing loudly to drown out her voice.

But Ji ah put her hand on his mouth, forcing him to shut up. His protest got muffled as Mi Hyang continued her tail "I thought he was dancing so I started cheering for him, encouraging him to keep it up and how cute he looked but later on it turned out that he had ants in his shorts and they had bitten him all over the crotch" Mi Hyang finished talking and started laughing.