8. Life of the party

Third Person's Pov:

Ji-ah and her grandmother decided to spend the day at the Han's , so here they are at their porch pretty early for a birthday party, but Han go-woon was home alone since Han seo-jun went to witness a baseball match and Mr.s Han is working overtime but they will be back before evening so it's not like they are leaving Go- woon attention deprived on her birthday.

Ji-ah is dressed casually in her comfy sweat pants and a baggy hoodie, her hair pulled up in a bun as usual with her signature bold eyeliner to give her the cold eyes she always goes for. She didn't bother dressing up, though her grandmother asked her to put in a little effort.

They are currently sitting in the living room watching TV it's some kind of baseball match. She does not have a particular interest in this game but it reminds her of the day she spent with ju-gyeoung and other girls at the game, it was fun. Go -woon is laying on the sofa with her head in halmeoni's lap as she runs her fingers through her hair.

"Why did they have to go out today!? It's my birthday " Han go-woon wailed "It's ok! They will be here soon and your omma is on her way home, she took a half-day" Halmeoni replied to calm her down. "But I'm getting bored," Go-woon said in a dejected tone, It was another thing that made Ji-ah self-conscious and an extreme introvert, it's really hard for her to start conversations or keep people engaged in any sort of activity, in other words, she is boring. It is easy for her to follow a conversation or talk back to people but she is doing the second thing a lot lately thanks to han seo-jun.

She snapped out of her thoughts at Go -woon's voice "Is that Oppa?" Ji-ah looked at the TV screen and saw Han seo-jun hugging Lee su both were jumping and cheering at the baseball match. " Are these two friends?" Ji-ah asked "They are sort of" Go-woon spoke when they heard the sound of the door opening Mr.s Han was finally home and Ji-ah was about to meet her for the first time.

"Omma!" Mr.s Han called out as she entered the living room she was addressing halmeoni as her mother, and they both embraced each other 'Mianae! I couldn't pay you a visit, I got so busy with work and my daily check-ups it was hectic" Mr.s Han said.

Halmeonim dismissed her concern and she looked at Ji-ah and she took her in a motherly embrace, Ji-ah was taken aback by this sudden contact but she welcomed it anyway, Mr.s Han let go of her and cupped her cheeks "You must be Ji-ah Aigoo! you are so much more beautiful than what omma told me " she said, Ji-ah chuckled nervously and bowed

"Beautiful? just look at her Mi Hyang" Halmeoni pointed at Ji-ah's attire." Oh gosh ! she always acts like a different person around the Han's as if I'm adopted or something" Ji-ah thought "Ani! she's adorable" Mi Hyang said, Ji-ah smiled and bowed "Gumawo! Mr.s Han" "Oh! you don't have to be formal at all you can call me emmo (aunt) if you feel like it," she said and Ji-ah nodded

"Dae! emmo" Emmo she repeated the word in her head, all of a sudden she's got so many different relations it's overwhelming. Halmeonim asked Mi Hyang about her health, her surgery was successful and she's doing great now it is so much better than being on dialysis.

Ji-ah wondered how han seojun must have felt seeing his mother in so much pain. On the other hand Han seojun was outside his house trying to get rid of the sore expressions on his face, he finally accepted his feelings for Lim jy-kyung and openly challenged Lee su but he's genuinely not doing this on purpose this time. he just can't help who he likes.

He exhales deeply putting everything at the back of his mind and putting up a happy mask for his family as he entered the house. The door was opened again and this time it was Han seo-jun, he entered the living room with a goofy smile on his face skipping like a little girl he approached Go -woon