31. Hurt/Comfort

Dedicated to GabrielaSalay1

Ji-ah's POV:

I gasped when his lips captured mine, I was not expecting a kiss when his hands reached for my face. That feeling dazed me, as he tasted my lips, after a moment I began to respond and our lips moved in sync. The kiss was slow and sensual, just the way I like it, Han seojun tasted like mint and spice, and my mind was foggy by his woody sent. I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, my legs keeping us at a distance, making it challenging for me to get closer to him, at that moment his hands traveled from my face, down to my waist as he picked me up and swiftly placed me on his lap sideways, so that I was not straddling him. Phew! That would've been too much for me.

I looped my arms around his neck, and his hands moved back to my face, his fingers stroking my cheekbone. Han seojun deepened the kiss, his lips lingering on mine for a good few seconds as he pulled away, creating a smooching sound, it did something to me, my stomach felt funny and my face turned red. Han seojun placed his forehead against mine, I blinked myself free from the haze of our kiss, "Our kiss" my mind repeated, his eyes still closed, cheeks dusted rosy, chest moving up and down with heavy breaths. And just like a switch flipped on I registered what just happened and fear crept in like a homie. 

It was a weak moment for him, what if he regrets it? He was emotional, not thinking straight, what if he did it out of grief and now dreads it? His eyes fluttered half open like he was still in a daze and I almost stopped breathing. I didn't want him to look me in the eyes and say that he was sorry. That he made a mistake and he regrets it. "Hey!" he said with a lazy smile, his voice raspy and I definitely stopped breathing this time, not out of fright but out of happiness. "Hi!" I replied in a timid voice. I smiled back shyly and he leaned in to give me another peck. Then he kissed my nose and I giggled. I almost didn't recognize that sound, I didn't know that I could giggle like that.

Han seojun backed away, disconnecting our foreheads as he held my gaze. He was just looking at me, just like he does, it was the same look he always gave me, yet it felt so different this time, a good different I might add. He brushed away a few strands of hair that were covering my face, tucking them behind my ear, his fingers lingered on my face "So.. How was it? good enough?" He asked me about our kiss, with a mischievous gleam in his eyes, a smirk was creeping up on his face and he was trying to hold it back by sealing his lips in a thin line but failed at it miserably. "It was more than enough" I whispered and his smirk turned into a genuine smile.  

"Feeling better?" I asked him and he knew what was I asking about. He nodded "Thanks for listening to my pity speech," He said and this time his smile was sad accompanied by gratitude. He was mocking himself and I didn't like it one bit. So I laced our fingers together, his gaze lifted to my face at this "A listener needs a listener too and it was not a pity speech, it was more of a hear-to-heart" I told him just like he told me that day when we talked about Julia. Han seojun chuckled, tightening his grip on my hand. "Stop using my lines on me -he flicked my forehead with his other hand- come up with your own"  "Owe! Are you still doing to keep doing that?" I winced and rubbed my forehead to ease the stingy feeling, I glared at him with a pouty face and Han seojun pinched my cheeks together with one hand, making me look like a duck "Yes" he said and started chuckling, letting go of my cheeks when my phone started ringing. 

Han seojun groaned at the sound "Serves you right" I said and got up from his lap, that was a pretty comfortable position and I immediately wanted to ditch that call and go back but it was too late  because Han seojun stood up as well, standing tall next to me but closer than usual. I picked up the call, it was from an unknown number "Hello?" I asked. "Am I speaking to Ms. Hwang Ji-ah?" I guy asked from the other side.