23. Storms in his heart

Third Person's POV:

Ji-ah was walking aimlessly on the streets, her mind being bombarded with multiple different thoughts, multiple things to worry about. She let out a hopeless sigh and she could see her hot breath turning white in the chilly air. She was exhausted after visiting every convenience store, cafe, restaurant, or any possible workplace to get a part-time job. Her stepmother still hasn't contacted her even after sending her that lame excuse for a text. Ji-ah had called her but she didn't pick up either, just waiting for her response is not gonna take her anywhere and Ji-ah knew that IF her stepmother agreed to help her which is almost impossible she won't give her enough money to make Omma's surgery happen and after spending all her savings and inheritance money on the surgery she' won't have anything left for college or a studio so in short, she had to work anyway.

On top of that Ji-ah didn't even sleep well last night. The reason being her long lost nightmares, After leaving the rehab she never had nightmares again. They stopped because her therapy worked really well, as crazy as it may sound the time she spent in the rehab was one of the best times, no one tried to put her down or take out their anger on her, they just helped her heal. This single fearful thought is enough to bring her nightmares back.

Luckily she got a job at a local teotbokki restaurant, it's small and she'll be working as a waitress but since the place is new and they are still advertising, she'll be making a lot of money( as compared to waitresses working at other restaurants) just by working a few hours, it left her with more time to get another job and make some extra money. Ji-ah was just walking, glancing here and there at people, couples, families. It all felt distant to her once again, she started believing that she might have a chance at a carefree life, that it was all over now and she had finally found stability but guess that was her just being delusional. Her mind wandered to Han seojun, the guy she apparently likes, he was looking at her at the Hospital with so much emotion in his eyes, but what kind of emotion was that? She couldn't put a finger on it. Their relationship had been changing but it was just her one-sided feelings for him, they were messing with her mind. He's in love, he'll never feel the same for her and even if he does he'll be chasing after what he had for Lim ju gyeoung and Ji-ah didn't want to be a substitute at any cost. And with this current situation with Halmeoni maybe it was a sign for her that decision about getting rid of these feelings was right, She scoffed at herself "So dumb of me to think that I'll get a chance to worry about a thing as simple as my dating, nothing's ever been that simple for me" she thought to herself. Maybe she will always be stuck in this whirlpool of life, trying to get out of the adulthood troubles that she had to face in her teenage.

She sighed for the umpteenth time that night when a couple caught her attention, she looked closely and the scene shocked her to the core, it was not just any couple it was Lee su ho holding Kang su jin, Lee su ho just saved her from being run over by a vehicle and now they were standing in rather close proximity which Ji-ah didn't like. A guy who has a girlf friend shouldn't be seen with another girl like that but it's Kang su jin they are best friends for years. "I'm just overthinking," Ji-ah told herself and went on her way to her second home. She was on the porch, just about to enter through the front door when she had a look at her phone and saw multiple texts and calls from Han seojun.

Where are you?

You didn't come home, Is everything ok? Are you ok?

What the hell Ji-ah! I'm worried sick, text me back asap.

All other texts were similar, there were a lot of missed calls as well, but she didn't see them earlier because her phone was on silent. "Oh, God! I made a mistake, I should've told him or at least Go woon-ah she must have been home alone" Ji-ah looked away from her phone screen to the door in front of her, and getting inside suddenly didn't feel appealing at all. She hesitantly reached for the digital lock to punch in the code when the door opened itself, revealing a distraught Han seojun. Ji-ah was surprised at first but then it turned into guilt, he looked disordered huffing like he ran a mile to the door, jacket out of place like he just threw it on, hair out of place, shoe laces hanging open, she took him in and he looked as disheveled as he sounded on the texts. Ji-ah's eyes traveled up to his face and their eyes connected, "Do you want to face plant? Your laces are untied again" That was the most irrelevant thing to say but as soon as those words slipped out of her mouth she was engulfed in a hug by Han seojun.