Chapter nineteen

Alana Russo

I wake up from the movement next to me. Alvero's head is laid on top of mine and his arms are on my buth. I turn to get up but his arms don't let me. Is he going to do this every day? "Let me go I want to go to the toilet," I say trying to push him off of me. "And I want you to stay here we can't both have what we want." He murmurs into my hair. "You're supposed to give me everything I want and what I want right now is to get up," I say while still trying to push his hands off of me. 

"Okay, I'll let you go." He says and opens his arms for me to walk away. I get to the bathroom and do my business. And walk towards the sink, my hair isn't very messed up so I just brush through it and brush my teeth. Morning breath is the worst. I get back in the bed and Alvero immediately wraps his arms around me. "cosa vuoi fare oggi principessa." (what do you want to do princess.) He says while looking down at me. Even now my height looks like a dwarf.  "We could go to the mall. Maybe go shopping?" I suggest. "And after we could go to the beach,"  Alvero suggests and I nod my head excited. Finally, we're away from all the mafia stuff and we can just act normal. 

~~~~

We went to the mall instead since it was closer to the beach. I look around and feel the same Los Angeles vibe as in the pictures. And luckily it's very warm here. "Can we go into the bookstore?" I ask while pointing to a big store. I love books when I used to live with my mom and Steve I'd borrow books from the library to escape reality and just be in my world. Just so I don't have to face all my problems right on the spot. Alvero agrees and I pull him with me. 

I walk straight to the romance part and start looking in between the books. I finally see a book that I've wanted for too long. The love hypotheses, I've read it on my phone and since then I've wanted the paperback version. "Do you want that one," Alvero asks as he probably notices this is a book I've held for a longer time than the others. "Yeah, I'm going to get it let's go." We walk towards the checkout and while the lady is scanning the book I look for my money. But before I could hand it to the lady behind the desk Alvero had already paid.

 "You know I wanted to pay," I say while we walk out of the store. "I know but since you're my wife you need to get used to me paying for you. You're not gonna pay for a single thing anymore." Alvero says. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses my temple. "Whatever, one day I'll pay for dinner," I say while rolling my eyes. "You'll be paying with my credit card." He says. 

While we walk towards the car to put the bags inside I feel watched. I turn around to look and see someone hiding fast. Maybe  I'm just delusional and overthinking it. I keep walking towards the car and put the bags inside of it. "Are we going to the beach now?" Alvero asks and  I nod my head.

We starts walking towards the beach and the same man I saw at the mall was following us. I turn around and observe his face. At this point, I am really scared. "Alvero, I think that man is following us," I say as quite as possible. Alvero turns to look at the man and seems shocked. "We need to go to the hotel right now." He says. He pulls me by my wrist and walks back towards the car. What the fuck is happening?

Alvero Russo

I pull Alana and walk as fast as I can. I thought we fucking ended the French, we had killed the leader and almost everyone in that fucking building.  When we get to the car I open her car door and get in very fast. I drive harder than the speed limit and notice 3 of the same black cars around us. 

We are fucked. Then I hear shots getting fired. "Alana lean down," I tell her and she does with her hands above her head. More shots get fired. All of a sudden I feel a bit dizzy. "Alvero pulls up to the side, you've been shot," Alana tells me and then I notice blood coming out of my shoulder. My view starts to get hazy. 

The three other cars pull up all around us. Someone with dark hair gets out and walks towards the window. He breaks it and smirks at me. "Alvero Russo and his dear wife Alana Russo a pleasure to meet you." The man says sarcastically I can't see him very well but recognize his voice.  This is Camile's brother. Camile was the boss of the French mafia but I killed him.

"Now you have a beautiful wife. You wouldn't mind if we borrowed her." He says and I hear the other car door open and Alana screams. "But it's not like you have a choice, Russo." He says but I don't care what he says anymore I just want her back. And I will get her back and kill every bastard that put one fucking finger on her. 

"If you hurt her I'll kill you." I manage to say. "Well, good luck with that Russo but before you get me she'd be dead." He says. "Just like my brother, see they say don't fight fire with fire but that's exactly what I am going to do. You've ruined my family and now I am going to ruin yours."